News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Sway bar Kit

Started by LAUDY57, 2013-11-23 13:55

Previous topic - Next topic

LAUDY57

I couldn't find the pics in one of the threads showing this kit installed so just for the record I'm putting what they look like as received here.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

RICH MUISE

Nice. Make sure you document particularly the rear sway bar instalation with pics. I'll need to know what to do when I get my rear one ordered. We don't have a whole lot available for pics on the rear one. Just got thinking again...I don't know what you've got for a rear end setup...similar to stock? traction bars?
Thanks for posting!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

LAUDY57

Document? Pictures? Do a "Rich" article? Man, the pressure's on now!
My rear is stock with slapper bars (I tried taking them off but it felt and sounded like the rear was winding and bouncing thru the trunk when I hit the gas hard), my tailpipes might interfere.
The instructions are simple (sorry for the quality but I got the copies that aren't too good).

LAUDY57

BTW Rich, you've expressed concerns before dealing with non-jpg stuff. There's a free program to download called Irfanview that pretty much does everything you need with pics. I hope saying that doesn't break any rules here.
(Whoops, I see #3 is upside down)

RICH MUISE

Thanks for posting. I'll check out that program...sounds useful.

Jeff Norwell

Thanks for Posting Ron....This set up is on my wish list...soon.I gotta say... the instruction look.......umm........ Like they were drawn by a drunken Blind Sailor..... I was trained as a Tech artist.... .
But the actual product looks killer.

Thanks for posting!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

I thought the same Jeff. "Like they were drawn by a drunken Blind Sailor". On a bar top and napkin  :003: I just ordered mine last weekend. Luckily with those few pieces it doesn't look like rocket science to figure out.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Well.. first off i should have addressed Lorne. not Ron....(DOH!)
Yea Jim.... The product is a very fine piece.... Just can'T understand why a company cheaps out on horrible napkin drawings that need a Enigma decipher machine to get it installed.

hiball3985

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2013-12-05 08:01
Well.. first off i should have addressed Lorne. not Ron....(DOH!)
Yea Jim.... The product is a very fine piece.... Just can'T understand why a company cheaps out on horrible napkin drawings that need a Enigma decipher machine to get it installed.
It's probably a low volume item and hard to justify the cost of professional drawings. I spent a few years training to be a draftsman, I never did it as an occupation, but when I see drawings like that I go crazy  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Agreed....look at thunderbirdssouthwest website..it's taken them about 5 years to have someone get it that far for them. That's ok though..they are definetly a small mom and pop organization with some obvious talent in the mechanical departments needed to get good quality components like these manufactured and sold at a reasonable price. LOL...I'll wait to cuss them out until I actually need a good drawing for the rear sway bar install.

Jeff Norwell

ha ha ha ......Gimme a sway bar kit and I will draw up there instructions... hahahah

Jeff Norwell

hey.. a guy has to try! ha ha

LAUDY57

The rear bar is pretty basic and not hard to figure out, I'm just finishing a set of 4 ft high ramps to get my car easily up enough to install the bars and do other things. No hoist yet but got a line on some guy that replaces commercial ones when the safety date runs out and sells them to goofs like me.
I will take pics but maybe someone else (Jim?) may get theirs done first.

hiball3985

I'll do some pictures when I do mine but the rear may not happen until after Xmas at the rate I'm going.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

I opened up the front sway bar kit yesterday and noticed the main brackets are different from the ones in Laudy57's picture. I didn't like the way they were only welded on one side so I added a bead on the backside. I should get it installed this morning. I haven't opened the rear bar box yet.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang