News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Trims needed...

Started by outcruisen, 2009-03-03 01:16

Previous topic - Next topic

outcruisen

Hi all.. I am new to this forum and from way down under in Australia. (Melbourne, Victoria, Australia to be precise).

I am building a 1957 Fairlane "500" 4 Door Town Victoria sedan and missing some trim pieces.

The first 2 are the left and right hand side moulds that run on the very edge of the roof line. (We call them Gutter Moulds here in Australia, but I think they may be called Drip Moulds in the US (?)).

The other 2 are the very small trims that have 1 screw to hold in position, and fit on the bottom edge of the side flashings situated in the actual shortened centre posts (I have the gold alluminium inserts, but are missing the small stainless steel bottom peices..These are very small trims that continue the bottom trim line from the front to back doors through the post). Left and right hand side required here too.

Lastly I need the 4 alluminium scuff or sill plates that you see when you open the front and rear doors.. The ones you step over to get into the car.. I am told the 4 Door Victoria and 4 door sedan are actually different. (Can anyone confirm this please)..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

JPotter57

Hello, I may have the center pieces.  I'll check tonight when I get home.  This is the small pieces that go between doors on a Fordor, correct?  If I still have them, I will have both stainless pieces for both sides, plus the gold parts. I'll let you know.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

outcruisen

That would be fantastic. Let me know. Cheers

JPotter57

Great news.  I found the parts..Get this, 2 complete sets, thats 4 uppers, 4 lowers, 4 gold trims, and the screws bagged and ready to go.  If you want them all, how about $20 shipped to you?  PM me with your shipping address if that is ok..
Old, loud, and fast.

outcruisen

Got the set for the door pillars.... Thanks Mr Potter...

Need the drip moulds and scuff plates now... Let me know if you have a set for sale any one..

Cheers

JPotter57

Parts are on the way....Good luck finding the uppers...  You can get the scuff plates from Concoursparts.com, very nice repros...
Old, loud, and fast.