News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wanted 57-58 pedal pads

Started by OUTLAW, 2014-05-29 06:39

Previous topic - Next topic

OUTLAW

Wanted old 57-58  A/T manual brakes pedal pads. Let me know what you got...........Rick.   

gasman826

Since new or NOS are so few and far between, I'm going to clean the rubber off the original one and modify the metal so the new slip-on one will fit.  Nothing worse than having your foot slip off the pedal.

Contibob

This pad is nearly impossible to find. All the vendors sell a brake pad for these cars but it is the wrong design. I bought the aftermarket pad that looks like it, but it is a different size and is a slip on. The originals were formed around the metal mount. I actually ground off the old rubber and the shape of the metal mount does not allow the new pad to slip over without major grinding or cutting of the original mount. I watched ebay for about 7 years and got an NOS one about 2 months ago. It was the only new one I have seen advertised in years. If you aren't concerned with originality, buy the one that almost all the vintage ford vendors sell. Bob

Contibob

There is an old worn out one on ebay right now

OUTLAW

What I am wanting is old, wore out factory brake pedal pads. Thought there might be some in somebodys junk boxes.

OUTLAW

Thanks guys, found a couple.........