News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Looking for vent window bracket

Started by dgasman, 2021-01-24 13:24

Previous topic - Next topic

dgasman

I am looking for the vent window division bar lower bracket . They are all the same except from models 58 and 64 . The are also the same from 1954 - 1958 .
Thanks
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

terry_208

The way I read your post 59's are the same?  I know where there is a 59 in a wrecking yard.  I wasn't planning to go out for a few weeks.  I need more time to recover from shoulder surgery.
Terry

RICH MUISE

I may have one..I'll check later. Those have a 12-28(?) thread if I remember correctly. When I rebuilt mine, I wanted ss hardware whereever possible, so I redrilled and tapped those 1/4-28, which is much easier to find new screws for. The one I would have, if I can find it, has not been altered.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

dgasman

A model 59 would be the same
Rich thanks and let me know , sounds like you might have what I need .
No matter how much you tag and bag this stuff something always has a way of walking off because I still have the two bolts and not the bracket lol.....
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

RICH MUISE

Had some stuff come up and wasn't home until dark. Got a funeral to go to tommorrow, maybe after that I can rummage thru my stuff.

dgasman

Rich , no problem and thanks.

Terry , take care of those shoulders. I had both of mine worked on , two screws in one and four screws in the other holding them together. It?s a slow heal and uncomfortable. Thanks
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

terry_208

Quote from: dgasman on 2021-01-25 09:50
Rich , no problem and thanks.

Terry , take care of those shoulders. I had both of mine worked on , two screws in one and four screws in the other holding them together. It?s a slow heal and uncomfortable. Thanks

This was my fourth shoulder surgery and the longest recovery.  I am able to do some very light things in the garage and may make a trip to the wrecking yard on a warm day.  Please keep us posted if/when you get the part.
Terry

RICH MUISE

Dgasman.........I've got it. I assume you do NOT need me to unrivet and include the bracket that's attached to the bar? I can do that if you need me to. I can ship whatever way you wish, but I'd recommend FedEx because the post office at this time seems to be falling apart with covid issues.
PM me your name/address/phone number and I'll get it sent out. Anything else you're looking for that I might have?
Rich

dgasman

Rich, message sent and thanks again

Kent
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

RICH MUISE

It got sent out today. I used Fedex, scheduled delivery the 29th. I'll pm you the tracking number.

dgasman

I want to say a BIG THANK YOU  to Rich . Guys like Rich is what make this form and hobby a great place .
Helping each other out is what it is all about.

Thank you
Kent
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman