News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

La. floods

Started by RICH MUISE, 2016-08-16 17:52

Previous topic - Next topic

racton

:unitedstates:   better days are ahead but you parked the 57 in the proper spot.

Ecode70D

Lynn
     I 'm happy to hear that you are OK and that you found some high ground for the 57 Custom.   However it does look like the water was getting real close to the car.   It had to be very scary to go through something like that. Jay

Ford Blue blood

Lynn so glad your damage was minimal. 

I do share your pain with the flood insurance thing.  While living in Va. Beach, VA we were not in a "flood plain" and no insurance was required.  Even though our property was in one of the "highest" elevations in the area (12 ft above mean sea level) I felt I should have it.  During the 15 years we lived there we had no encounters with Nor Easters or hurricanes but still worried about it, especially when on one of the many deployments.  Turns out eliminating that could have helped the budget greatly....but
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lalessi1

I was paying $1800 a year for FEMA flood insurance and NO ONE imagined the water could have possibly got as high as it did. The lake I live on has a control dam that is typically 15 feet higher than the river it drains to over 8 miles away. The river rose 17 feet over flood stage breaking the previous record crest by 5 ft. Over 40,000 homes flooded in the area from a rain event, not even a tropical depression. It was scary watching the water rise all day. I lost very little compared to most and we didn't even loose power. Thanks guys for all the thoughts!  :003:
Lynn

Custom_Shelby

Wow Lynn, those pic's really tell a story, glad it wasn't any worse than it was.  Hope the clean up goes fast and there's no more rain for a while.  While you had that, we out here in Southern California had this.....Took these photos off of Hwy 138 during the fire storm west of the 15 freeway last Tuesday, Blue Cut Fire, San Bernardino National Forest  8/16/16

JPotter57

Bob, I live kinda on a hill.  I joke that it is the biggest mountain in South Mississippi.  If it were to flood at my house or garage, the entire coast below me would be screwed, as in completely underwater.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

James:

That is good to hear.  I don't know why, but I keep wanting to place Pass Christian in Louisiana instead of Mississippi.  Anyway good to hear you are not in the flood zone.

Bob
57 AGIN

hiball3985

Quote from: Custom_Shelby on 2016-08-21 12:56
Wow Lynn, those pic's really tell a story, glad it wasn't any worse than it was.  Hope the clean up goes fast and there's no more rain for a while.  While you had that, we out here in Southern California had this.....Took these photos off of Hwy 138 during the fire storm west of the 15 freeway last Tuesday, Blue Cut Fire, San Bernardino National Forest  8/16/16
Fires are almost a way of life here in the west. I survived the Station Fire in 2009 thanks to fire crews from Wyoming and South Dakota. Mother nature can be cruel, fires, floods, tornadoes..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57AGIN

Guys:

Just a point of interest, the Blue Cut across the 15 Freeway is the actual valley the San Andreas Fault lies in.  The City of Wrightwood, CA straddles the fault which proceeds up North past San Francisco and South toward San Diego.  When I was going to college back in 1973 I had to do a plane table survey of that burned section by the freeway and write a paper on how the geologic formations wound up the way they are today. That was a fun class.

Sorry for the digression.

Bob
57 AGIN