News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

oem throttle linkage puzzle

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-07-25 12:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Looks like this is where a nice Speed King pedal would solve all this.lol

Zap -  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

thomasso

I started with two 57 convertibles, an E code overdrive and a D code automatic.  Both had the slotted pedal linkage.  This has been a long project and much searching has not yielded any pedal available other than for the spoon type.  I modified a spoon pedal by cutting the bracket from an old pedal and pop riveting it in same position on a repo pedal.  Works fine.  Use steel rivets and holes can be filled with Devcon or other rubber compound to look untouched.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

Ecode70D

Thomasso
  That's a great idea.   Now all I have to do is find that old original pedal, and graft the two of them together.   

Randyh

The repro pedal and original look to be about 1/2" height difference, the original is shorter, did this cause any issues when you modified the repro?

thomasso

Hi ;  I,m going to try to post some pictures of my modified pedal.  Correct positioning is critical.  I did this some time ago and must have thrown the old stuff away.  Can't remember any difference in pedal length.  Works fine.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

Randyh

Thanks for the pictures,  Looks good,  I may try do this.