News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

ALL FORD SHOW & Y-BLOCK SHOOT OUT

Started by wildhog, 2009-08-17 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

LABOR DAY WEEKEND COLUMBUS OHIO. IF ANY ONE IS GOING CONTACT ME AND WE WILL TRY TO MEET AND PARK OUR 57'S WITH THE Y-BLOCK GUYS. TIME TO GET STARTED AND SHOW THE WEST COAST MEMBERS THAT WE HAVE A FEW 57'S IN THE MIDWEST. TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

wv 57s forever

hi i parked with them last year, they are a great bunch of guys, i hope to be going this year but i only get work schedule two weeks in advance so i wont know till Thursday if i have that weekend off.

F570RD

Wish I could be there.I hurt another 521 engine 3 weeks back.Haven't been in the garage since.Best of luck to those attending.

wv 57s forever

got the time off and i am going but i will be in the vendor area as i am trying to sell some parts for my late brothers widow. i would love to talk to any and all 57 people so stop by and say high. i hope that they will let me park my 57 in the vendor area, where i set up.

JPotter57

Dang, Steve, what are you doing to those fat blocks, man?
Wish I could go, but trying to save some coin so I can fly back out to visit my wife and kids again in a few weeks...Have fun guys, and someone, please take lots of photos of the `57s there.... :hurricane:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

F570RD

"what are you doing to those fat blocks, man?"  I hope to get to the bottom of this caper.I'm almost to the point of pulling the motor on the tow truck and installing in the car to street it again.Its been 20 years since.Maybe part of the fix is to talk with Wild Hog and see if his front end set up will work with a rear sump pan.

JimNolan

Guys,
   For those that took the time out for me last Saturday, Thank you. I had a great time. I parked the car in the show area and watched the drags most of the day. When I got back to the show area the show was over and almost everyone was gone, so we left. Today I found out that I'd taken 2nd place in the Best Full Sized Ford 49-up and 2nd place in Peoples Choice for Interiors. I'll be honest with you, if I've got a choice between car shows and watching you guys go down the track, I'll take watching you guys. I put some of the pictures on the Drag Racing Gallery.
   I wanted to run mine. I even put the seat belts back in, installed a metal fuel line to the carb and took my helmet. But, then I got scared I'd break and be stranded in Columbus when my friend that went with me had to be back for work Sunday. So, I chickened-out. I've never had my car on a trailer but next year I think I'll do that. I'm not all that fast but I can look good going down the track.
   Again, guys, thanks. The rack and pinion I got from Tom and John is really nice. Now I've got to figure out which way I'll go with the steering wheel. Flaming River has one that will accept the 55-57 Thunderbird steering wheel but the length is wrong. I'm sure they can come up with something for me though. Jim 
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

F570RD

So who won the Y block and the 57 shootout?

wv 57s forever

the winner of the shoot out was Doug Paraham, from independence ks. i got 2nd, as there were only 4 cars in the shootout, doug, larry,jim, and me. :burnout:

57AGIN

wv 57s forever:

Nice photos of the racing.  I sure wish, Rick and I could generate some similar level of participation of 57's or the mid-fifties Fords like is done at the Shootout.  The one "club event" venue we had the Fun Ford Weekend is a thing of the past and after the initial success we had in getting 57's out to the event it has been pretty hit & miss.  Of the 25 - 30 57's that have come out to the former annual event only 3 actually got out onto the strip.  It both sounds and looks like you guys had a great time.  Keep on, keeping on.  Run those 57's.

Bob
57AGIN

glen b henderson

Harry Hutton won the Y shootout with his merc. Wife and I had a great time and saw some good looking 57's. Already looking forward to next year.
Freedom is not Free