News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I am pretty Happy.

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2016-01-11 21:06

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

Next to a tri-five Chevrolet the 32 Ford is probably the hardest car on the planet to build and get noticed in any venue. There are just so many out there built with unlimited budgets, that to build the one you did, and to achieve the type of recognition you have received, is truly a major accomplishment. Congratulations you should be, at the minimum "Pretty Happy"

Jeff Norwell

You are correct 57 imposter. And while I work for guys with unlimited budgets(I love them, they keep me in business) I am not that guy.I have a mortgage and a family.The Family and work comes first always.I thank you and everyone for the kind words.I guess that's why it took 7 years to build.I never could have even done any of it with out the help of a small circle of very tight friends.
My 57 (hopefully) will be a much quicker deal.I slowly have been collecting all the parts I need.(A BIG thanks to all on this board who have helped me)
I have 95% of what I need for the 57.....a few set backs with engines,...I was looking for the ever elusive 406.... but got stiffed on 1 engine which was nothing but a 390.Live and learn.
But issues like that will not deter.I have a certain plan for my 57 and I will follow through.My 57 will start soon and I will do a build thread on it in that section of this board.I certainly have learned a TON about 57's right here.

Thanks again to everyone for the very kind words.

Jeff
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

I have a home for orphan 390's  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2016-01-23 13:10
I have a home for orphan 390's  :003:

Yes.. so do I Jim.I really like the 390.very universal base point.They are very cheap and super plentiful.So many parts available .....
A guy down the road here had a 428 CJ... non runner that needed a full rebuild.3 years ago he got 8 grand for it to some guy ..... Some folks are crazy.That is not my trip at all.I am a back yard homebuilt guy.. that's where the fun is.

hiball3985

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2016-01-23 13:30

Yes.. so do I Jim.I really like the 390.very universal base point.They are very cheap and super plentiful.So many parts available .....
A guy down the road here had a 428 CJ... non runner that needed a full rebuild.3 years ago he got 8 grand for it to some guy ..... Some folks are crazy.That is not my trip at all.I am a back yard homebuilt guy.. that's where the fun is.
I'm a low buck home built guy too. Only thing I pay for is front wheel alignments. I got a set of 428CJ heads years ago for free and saved them until I finally changed my 352 into a 390. I also had an old 427 solid cam I stuck in it. It hauls the F250 really well  :003:
I've always liked 390s, never had money for a 406 or 427
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Ha ha ha ...Jim. If a 390Gt was good enough for Steve McQueen, It will be good snuff for me! hahaha

hiball3985

Jeff, I got to drive one of those once. I belonged to a lady I worked with. I couldn't understand why she bought it, she was 45 and back then I thought that was ancient  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Frankenstein57

Way to go Jeff! Well deserved honor

racton

Verry cool..............racton