News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

EMS 57 Ford tailpan available

Started by iamflashman, 2010-12-03 18:05

Previous topic - Next topic

iamflashman

I emailed EMS about the 57 ford tailpan and they replied:

battery tray repair is on hold (bad economy) not a lot of intrest also???

57 ford tailpan presently in production 1st run, not yet completed 2-4 weeks to release.

you can order direct, place your order now for fast delivery ( shipps as soon as there done which 4-5 weeks before advertising to the world and dealers.

call kim 216-541-4585 there is a free shiping deal on orders made before release to public.
1957 Ford Convertible 428CJ/Tremec TKO
1957 Ford Ranch Wagon 5.0L EFI/AOD - sold :(
1964 Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt clone
1958 Edsel Bermuda

1957 ________________ Ford
\___((_______________))___/
(@)________V__________(@)
[________I_____I_________]
__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___

RICH MUISE

GREAT TO HEAR ABOUT THE TAILPAN...ONE BY ONE THEY'RE ADDING UP. i WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A BATTERY TRAY REPAIR PANEL IF ONE WERE AVAILABLE WHEN i REBUILT MY INNER WHEEL WELLS. tHAT'S A BAD RUST AREA..sorry..didn't mean to yell..The tray area was way to comlicated for me to try to make an original looking patch panel from scratch so after sandblasting, I used fiberglass matting to fill the gaps, only I used por-15 (por-patch) in place of fiberglass resin. Of course I wouldn't have done that for the body...but a fender well I figured was ok...anyways it worked great, looks perfect, and won't crack like fiberglass resined matting.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

suede57ford

We need each need to contact EMS about the battery repair panel.   They will not make it until some intrest is show.

It is a necessary panel, to make our cars look right.

Also we need to purchase these items when these vendors actually make up stuff for us.   I myself have waited too long to order some of the new parts, only to find they were a one run only, because we all hesistated to by them, and the vendor decided they were not worth the effort and investment.

I am thankful they finally made a Tailamp panel, even though i haven't ordered one yet.   Mainly because it was not available when I needed tone recently.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

57nut

I just looked at the pan any idea how much ? I wish they would do the whole inside trunk pan

ems customer service

Quote from: 57nut on 2011-02-16 22:18
I just looked at the pan any idea how much ? I wish they would do the whole inside trunk pan

the whole trunk floor??  we make the sides of the trunk floor for both 300 and 500.  they are not popular (sell very poorly)

so i am not sure if the complete trunk floor will ever be done oem style,  battery tray probally  and 58 tailpan  soon. and a redo of the front fender patches soon, 

TexasFordGuy

I'd like to see someone reproduce the spare tire well.
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

Jeff Norwell

I just bought the floor pans,left Toeboard and the complete tail pain.I really did not need the taipan.... but got it just for sure(small penny size rust spot on my orig, Tail pan.)
A battery piece would be a great idea...... also the front panel below the hod(the one with Fairlane or ford on it)
Ems makes a great product

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

suede57ford

It would be great if EMS made the battery tray area.   Nearly every one is bad any more.

Good idea to get the tailamp panel.   As with most '57 parts, they may only make one run, and when they are out we all missed out.

I may I'm planning an EMS order for some '57 panels again soon as well.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

gasman826

Good noses are hard to come by!

Jeff Norwell

TexasFordGuy

Nose would be great, and I would think more people need battery trays then tail pans, IMHO.

I know I need to replace my rusted out battery tray and to find a better nose, mine looks like it was repaired with a sledge hammer.
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

RICH MUISE

If you're talking about the bolted on battery tray, they are being made. I got mine years ago at classic auto parts in Ok. City. If you're talking about the area of the inner wheel well under the battery tray...as far as I know you're on your own. I had a substantial area rusted away there.
It would nice if they made a patch panel for that area...the sheet metal gets pretty complicated in that section.

TexasFordGuy

Yes Rich  I was talking about the area below the tray....   I see that you can get them from http://www.dearbornclassics.com/1957+ford+fairlane/1959-ford-battery-tray.html too, but ouch at $159.00
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

RICH MUISE

They've gone up quite a bit. I think I paid about 90. for mine about 6 years ago....and thought that was pricey. Mine may be for sale..not sure when I'll know, but I've heard it is going to hit the valve cover on the 4.6 dohc, so other battery positioning is more than likely. On the main body and outside sheetmetal on my car, I went the full route, ie, if it was rusted, it was cutout and replaced with new metal. On a few bolt on parts like the wheelwells and headlight buckets that had rusted out areas way to complicated to try and replace with new metal, I went a different route.
The horizontal area under the battery tray had rust all the way through in places (confined to the area under the tray). I thoroughly sandblasted both sides, treated the area with zinc phosphate and por-15'd it. While the por-15 was still wet, I laid some fiberglass mat on top, and then soaked that with the por-15, working the mat down into it as much as posible. It took several aplications. In retrospect, the next time I would use fiberglass cloth rather than mat, as I ended up with a lot of porosity in the area from air bubbles. I think cloth would eliminate the bubles...the matting just to hard to work with. After the por-15 cured, I hit it with a disc sander, then a thin coat of body filler to fill in the bubbles. Did the sanding/filling on the inside and outside of the wheelwell. The wheelside got por-15 all over, then 2 coats of undercoating, and black singlestage. The engine side got epoxy primer, red basecoat/clearcoat. I did that about 5 or 6 years ago, no evidence yet I had made that repair. If you go a similar route, I'd recommend the por-15 as a substitute for the more traditional fiberglass epoxy.. The por-15 is stronger, and protects the metal at the same time.

Jeff Norwell

A front Valance would be good too!