News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1-2-3-...LIFT-OFF!

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2013-08-22 16:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

My speed and taste is still around this flavour.....
BUT I LOVE ALL 57 Fords...every make and model..... yes siree Bob.

These were taken at Syracuse... no idea who the owner is.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

It's amazing how one's tastes can almost unawaringly evolve. When I bought my '57, because my wife and I wanted a '50's type cruiser,what I had in my head wasn't too far from the Fairlane pics. Thanks for posting. That Chevvy grille sure works great in that style build. And, I still like that look, btw. Brings back memories.... maybe because it's a "back east look" as you mentioned.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2013-08-30 07:17
My speed and taste is still around this flavour.....
BUT I LOVE ALL 57 Fords...every make and model..... yes siree Bob.

These were taken at Syracuse... no idea who the owner is.
I'm with you on that one Jeff
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

robhaerr

Love those!

Here is my over-revved engine update...
Problem solved...runnin' good. Prof Steve Toothaker-meister (my engine buddy from the Project 302 videos)decided we should look in the distributor...bingo. Over-revving made the distributor dizzy.
Still had to take the long route by checking the bottom-end and valve train to be sure. Valve train back together, turn the key, vacuum good...the Toothman rocketh. Whew.

Moral of the story...
Check your throttle return spring for possible hang-ups.

hiball3985

That's real good news  :001: Checking the bottom end and valve train is smart, better safe then sorry. Out of curiosity what went south in the dizzy?
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

robhaerr

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-08-31 11:38
That's real good news  :001: Checking the bottom end and valve train is smart, better safe then sorry. Out of curiosity what went south in the dizzy?

The distributor is a MSD Ready-to-Run. It has spacers under the changeable springs that sit on top of the "plates". For some reason...either done at the assembly plant or Steve accidentally did this after changing the advance springs...the little spacers were UNDER the plates, causing them to hang up on each other. The over-rev really sent them into orbit, so it made the potential problem worse.

Whatever the case, we corrected after looking at the MSD instruction diagrams and it is running mucho better.

It's the little things!

hiball3985

Thanks, I will make a mental note of that for future reference. You were so lucky to get away that easy.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

Quote from: robhaerr on 2013-08-31 10:19

Moral of the story...
Check your throttle return spring for possible hang-ups.

to add to the moral:
a rev limiter is cheap compared to the cost of a modified engine.