News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Cool old transporter picture

Started by Limey57, 2013-10-27 15:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

Just stumbled across this picture:

Gary

1957 Ranchero

Ecode70D

Nice going Gary
     It looks like the three two two door cars are retractable.  I wonder what kind of engine they used in  the cool looking tow truck.  someone out there will know. Jay

hotroddonnie

If this makes sense to anyone, the older I get the cooler older stuff gets, maybe it's just me.

Limey57

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2013-10-27 16:17
If this makes sense to anyone, the older I get the cooler older stuff gets, maybe it's just me.

Nope, not just you, there's at least two of us!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

hotroddonnie

It's funny I'm 51 and I'm not to bad at guessing the year of cars from the 40's to the mid 70's, I couldn't tell you the year of any new car unless it's in my driveway!

Ecode70D

The new cars all look the same to me.  I don't even give them a second look.  They are boring.

wildhog

Jay.The engine in the hauler was probably a Lincoln style y-block.
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Ecode70D

Thanks Tom
    I kind of thought that it would have had to be something big like that to haul all of that weight across the country.  I fondly remember those days seeing the fifty seven Fords getting delivered in Boston.  Never thought of taking a picture. Didn't have a camera anyways. Jay

Limey57

Fast forward to 2013 and a transporter full of new Fords just doesn't seem the same.................

Gary

1957 Ranchero

JPotter57

I have a similar photo somewhere with a light colored Custom tudor on the back...it is in my screensaver, I'll find it and post it later...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Quote from: Limey57 on 2013-10-28 06:49
Fast forward to 2013 and a transporter full of new Fords just doesn't seem the same.................

Wife would love a pick from that load, she's nuts about that color green.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hiball3985

Quote from: Zapato on 2013-10-28 12:38
Wife would love a pick from that load, she's nuts about that color green.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Same here, when the wife need a new car ( used ) a few years ago and I asked what she was interested in she said a green one.  Thank God she didn't buy an ugly green...
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JPotter57

It would seem that they saw enough of that color in diapers over the years.  My wife, however, likes that color too.  Ick.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Limey57

Over here that green and orange are the "in" colours for hot modern Fords (the sporty "ST" Fiesta and Focus).  I quite like the orange but I can't help think in a few years time they'll look awful.

Gary

1957 Ranchero

hiball3985

Those greens and orange I couldn't deal with, I though they went out in the 70's.  I got off lucky and she bought a 08 Fusion that is a light greenish/gray, I don't even what they call it..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang