News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Cool old transporter picture

Started by Limey57, 2013-10-27 15:33

Previous topic - Next topic

hotroddonnie

The orange is similar to my 71 GTO called Orbit orange. It's okay I've since sold it and bought a big boy toy... my 57.

Ecode70D

Limy 57 Gary
      Are you sure that those little green things on the transporter are Fords?   WOW!  I really have not been paying attention to the new cars and don't know what's going on.
       My friend Jim Highball would be proud of me If he saw what happened today.   A person came by today for some 57 parts and brought his 18 year old nephew with him.  The kid saw that the 57 is not finished and not on the road so he asked me.. " What do you have for an every day car"?  I pointed at my 40 Ford and told  him  "That's my every day car", but when the 57 is done , that one will be my every day car.  He just gave me a  puzzled look.  The fact is that I'm just never going to buy a new car.   Jim knows what I mean because he also seceded from new cars. .
.  Jay

hiball3985

Jay, I guess they will never teach us old dogs new tricks  :003: I've never owned a new one and nothing after the 60's. The wife has a 08 Fusion, it's been a great car, nothing but brakes, a battery and tires in 80,000 miles. But it is so boring to drive, like watching paint dry. It doesn't even sound like a car, it just hum's and tries to put you to sleep..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Hey now...watching paint dry ain't so bad.  Couple of cold ones, a little Patsy Cline and Brenda Lee and all is good!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2013-10-28 22:31
Hey now...watching paint dry ain't so bad.  Couple of cold ones, a little Patsy Cline and Brenda Lee and all is good!
Thats what I do on days I watch the weeds grow :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Patsy Cline and Brenda Lee and all is good!
Funny...today I was watching a video on youtube with Brenda Lee, Kitty Wells, Loretta Lynn, and my favorite (but wierder than hell) KD Lang. "shadowland"...one of my all time favorites.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-10-28 20:51
Limy 57 Gary
      Are you sure that those little green things on the transporter are Fords?

Yes, they are Ford Fiesta ST's (around 170 bhp with a 6 speed manual transmission in something that weighs the same as a Big Mac). You guys now get the latest European Fiesta but you missed out on the previous "hot" versions.

Not my kind of thing but for a quick city car that goes & handles well I guess they're okay. My wife has a 2012 Ford Ka, they're even smaller than a Fiesta and are about as powerfull as a worn out vacuum cleaner....
Gary

1957 Ranchero

JPotter57

My daily is my 61 f100.  It was down for a couple months getting a new engine but since power tour its been in daily use again.  I love my old stuff.  Yeah I still havevthe suburban to pull my racecar around with..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57 Ford Kustom

I agree , my daily ride is a 88' Bronco with a 300 straight six, and a C6 behind it. Bullet proof, simply bullet proof! I like it because it is just basic fuel injection, nothing so complicated that I can't fix it in the yard. Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hotroddonnie

When I had my GTO I was at a set of lights and a Civic pulls up beside me, wanted to race..... never do that again! 

hotroddonnie

This thread has gone from, Cool old transporter to little 4 bangers and GTO's...I'm not to blame!

Zapato

who brought up the GTO ?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hotroddonnie

Someone brought up orange... which triggered my GTO response. Cool transporter picture by the way!

Zapato

All in fun, hrd...........

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hotroddonnie

I'm with you Zapato, most of my comments are in fun, I stopped posting on another forum because I couldn't post in fun. It's hard to read the the tone of someone's post. mine will always be in fun. Cool transporter by the way! : )