News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Cool old transporter picture

Started by Limey57, 2013-10-27 15:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

HRD, life's too short to take few things other than family serious.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hotroddonnie

Zapato, what does HRD mean? Is to do with Human Resources? I feel like I should know!

wildhog

It could stand for H. ot R. od D. onnie
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

hotroddonnie

WOW! That went right over my head. I wont be posting for a while!

Ecode70D

Donnie
     I have a feeling that you are going to have a new name. 

hotroddonnie

Yip! My new friend Zapato gave me that.... sure cuts down on the ink.

Zapato

Lazy is as lazy does.........

Zap- :unitedstates:

I've given thought to referring to gasman as "GM" but that probably wouldn't go over very well on this site. Not to mention all the bad Karma points that would come my way.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JPotter57

lol...you guys are too much..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Boss/Cyclone

I know these are a little early for this site, but very cool.

57 Ford two door wagon
67 Shelby GT500 #2100 428, dual quads, 4speed
65 Cyclone drag car, 427, 4speed, ladder bars, etc.
64 Cyclone, Aztec Gold, 289, 4speed
66 Mustang GT fastback 347 5speed 4.22 gears
69 Mustang GT convertible 351 auto

Limey57

Quote from: Boss/Cyclone on 2013-11-04 18:31
I know these are a little early for this site, but very cool.

Man..... even the trailer looks cool!  Designed by a designer, not by a penny pincher!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Very Art Deco..who woulda thought? I wonder if any of those still exist....would make a hell of a transport...purple and gold. Love the convertible too.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

alvin stadel

There is one of these, very similar to this one along the high way east of Marmaoth North Dakota, I'v driven by it many times but never stopped. I'm sure its for sale. Would be neat to have, but I'm getting to old and lazy.

junior58

The transporter may not be very cool, or old, but the treasure on board sure is.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

hotroddonnie

Cool picture Junior58, makes you wonder what was wrong with those cars to sit for years...probably a blown trans, or eng! I'm 51 so I didn't get the privilege to live in the 50s, all the stories that have been told about guys scraping cars because of little things and picking up another one for 50 bucks, mean while today we are busting are balls and spending tons of money trying to rebuild them. 

hiball3985

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2013-11-08 06:23
Cool picture Junior58, makes you wonder what was wrong with those cars to sit for years...probably a blown trans, or eng! I'm 51 so I didn't get the privilege to live in the 50s, all the stories that have been told about guys scraping cars because of little things and picking up another one for 50 bucks, mean while today we are busting are balls and spending tons of money trying to rebuild them.
Too bad you didn't get to live in those times. I use to hang out at a junk yard in the mid 60's and besides parts I ended up with two cars. I got a mint condition 48 OLDS that an old lady junked because she was to old to drive, $40 a new battery and fresh fuel and it ran great. Also bought a mint 55 Ford 2 dr wagon with a rod through the side of the block for $50 and a Yblock out of the engine pile for another $25 and I was on the road..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang