News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Taillight Reflectors

Started by terry_208, 2022-11-14 00:36

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

What have others done to brighten the taillight reflectors?  Mine had corrosion on the lower about 1/3, which I removed.  Would a bright white paint reflect enough or maybe a bright silver?  I am referring to the dish like apparatus that surrounds the bulbs.

Thanks for any ideas and replies. 

Terry
Terry

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Hey Terry.....I did mine in bright white, seems to work well. I used the white only because I hadn't had much luck finding a bright silver/alum that held up well. I have since found out, a Tractor Supply brand silver paint I used about 7 years ago on an outside miniature windmill still looks like I just sprayed it.
Doesn't change anything, but for the record, my taillight lenses and buckets are '63 Galaxie. This thread does remind me though, one of my back-up lights is out.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

Thanks for the replies.  I was considering all three colors options.  I wasn't sure if there was a better option to paint.  I want to do things right as I feel that I am a caretaker of this car for the next owner.   
Terry