Is the rubber grommet on the headlight bucket wiring (B7A-13076) available?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2023-01-30 05:19

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'm working on the headlight wiring. I'm making up my own headlight wiring pigtails and can't find the grommet for the pigtail for sale listed separately.

Is it available separately? Where?

Or is it molded onto the wiring?

Second question,the headlight pigtails I see from Carpenter etc. have a ground wire with a ring terminal. Where does the ring terminal mount to pick up the ground?

Thanks
John

RICH MUISE

Not for sure, but I think I ended up using a rubber hole plug, just cutting out the center. This is where I used weatherproof wiring connectors. Can't answer your particular question on "where to ground" because, as mentioned before, I wired my car as if it were plastic........all grounds are wired back to terminals then, on to the battery.
I'm probably beating the dead horse here, but along those lines, think about all those painted/primered components around the fenders being bolted together. The fenders in particular have few places for the ground to flow thru. With all that in mind, I'd mount a terminal out of sight near the battery and wire your grounds to the battery. If you want a covered terminal, look at Volkswagon Jetta power distribution boxes. Ebay prices will range from 20ish to 80ish for the same thing. I have 4 of them on my car.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Rich.......Thanks for the reply. I'm right there with you regarding the grounds. I have ground bars through out my car. My question was more out of curiosity regarding where the headlights grounded. Given the short length of the ground wire in the photos I've seen of the pigtail wiring, I'm at a loss as to where"Henry"would have found a "good" ground for the headlights.
As to the grommet, I'd like get the right grommets, but if that's not possible, I'd thought about using a hole plug as you did.
Hopefully someone will answer the grommet question.....But I think the grommet is molded to the wiring.

KYBlueOval

A call to Jerry's Parts etc., in Springdale Arkansas answered the question I had regarding the grommet. It is molded onto the wiring.

1930artdeco

I used a small grommet from NAPA, doesn't seal it totally but it makes the hole a lot smaller for water to get in.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

OUTLAW

gasman826

The OEM headlight wire harness grounded next to the headlight junction block on the left inner fender.