News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: My Ranchero
Last post by Fairlane62 - Today at 22:53
Wow, 23? I usually keep my swaps down to three or four 3rd members and that can be a chore.  :002:
General Discussion / side window
Last post by geraldchainsaw - Today at 21:11
things breaking just can't seem to stop,    1st its the water pump,  then the rad tank,  an still hoping to  get  the MC changed,  now I have a window track pulley pin seperated an   out of track,  an the window won't go up or down,  an it gets harder  an harder to find people to work on the old  cars ,  maybe I'm  just getting to old to have old cars
Last post by 59meteor - Today at 20:33
Quote from: abe_lugo on Today at 20:16Congrats on the sale. 

For anyone with a smart phone there is a free speedometer app that works great. 

Yes, I recently installed the speedometer app on my phone, mainly because I have 23 different rearend 3rd members that I swap out depending on what I am doing with my 59. The factory speedometer is pretty accurate with the "normal" 3.50 ratio, but I currently have the 2.91s in the car, for driving to shows/meets that are longer freeway trips, and I occasionally put in 4.33s, for dragstrip duty. With the 2.91s, the speedo and odometer read lower, and the 4.33s are quite a bit higher, not to mention here in Canada, all the  traffic speed limits are in metric, and with these older cars being in MPH and miles on the odometer, it is nice to know exactly how fast you are traveling, especially if there happens to be a Police car behind you!
Last post by abe_lugo - Today at 20:16
Congrats on the sale. 

For anyone with a smart phone there is a free speedometer app that works great. 
Last post by mustang6984 - Today at 19:12
Sounds like the build was REAL solid!
So...now what? Another project in the offing?   :041:
General Discussion / My Ranchero
Last post by Ford Blue blood - Today at 14:16
Sold the Ranchero to a good friend and fellow shipmate that has been lusting after it for three years!  I had been the a few shows with it, enjoyed the drives, got all the little "hickies" out and told him it is ready.  He came up to get the car. 

After giving him the run down on how the instruments would read on the road he took off for Mobile.  Got a call that evening that all was well and it was resting comfortably.  I told him I felt the speedometer was off a small bit.  He informed me it was off 3 MPH, slow.  As he drove back home from here another of our shipmates driving his 2023 Ranger was following.  He informed Jerry that they were actually going 77 MPH......yup, he ran that bad boy at 80 on the speedometer all the way down!  Got 17 MPG, 351C/AOD, I guess the build is OK?
General Discussion / Re: radiator
Last post by Fairlane62 - Today at 01:58
Ok, I misunderstood, I thought it was completely collapsed.  Glad its operable and you can still drive it.
Project Builds / Re: Flamin Mo 57
Last post by mustang6984 - Yesterday at 21:01
Someone upstairs was watching out...and liking you that day! WHEW!!!
General Discussion / Re: radiator
Last post by geraldchainsaw - Yesterday at 17:32
I found a place todo it,   but heck,  for $600 I'll live mwith it
Project Builds / Re: Flamin Mo 57
Last post by campy38 - Yesterday at 13:30
Quote from: mustang6984 on Yesterday at 07:47WHEW!!! And are you buying new underwear as well? Just how how quickly were you making fence posts go by?   :burnout:

Uhhhh yeah had me puckered up pretty good😂😂😂 and honestly I have no idea how fast. Speedo still is not operational at this time. Need to order new cable.

We were lucky it was on an uphill and I had already gotten out of it a while back before coming to that T. It's a good backroad to test on but I forgot that it had construction so it was a T instead of a 4 way. Still I'm guessing when my foot hit the floor trying the brakes we were going about 45ish..