News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Motorcycles anyone?

Started by rmk57, 2014-12-01 14:19

Previous topic - Next topic

MrArt2u

Guilty.

I love bikes. Spent a good part of my 20s and 30s monkeying on them, around them but, thankfully, never under them. Now I'm older, and so is my back so...'57 Ford Wagon it is!

Here is a picture of one of my babies, based on a '67 Triumph. It has a few "subtle" changes, like the '70s paughco springer front fork we chopped about a foot out of, '55 gas tank, '57 harley oil tank (with Guinness bottle opener,) the stretched plunger rear end or the old Lycett seat.  She was my bare metal daily ride for years. Now that she's painted she has a more pampered life.

She's sitting in my studio alongside my other guilty pleasure, PINBALL and Electro-Mechanical games. I obsessively bring 'em back to life. But that's a topic for another post, and the reason I'm building a wagon, to pick them up in style!

Cheers,
Art.

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

had been riding for nearly 20 years. 3 yrs ago a careless car driver hit me and broke one of my vertebras and other stuff. lucky to walk but still having back problems unfortunately.
I rebuildt my baby

1959 5Ta 500cc
I still love the mechanical part of bikes and would love to ride again, but not until my boy's grown up ( 8 now).
I will keep my Trumpet and possibly do some more custom work on her, just in case... ;)

MeanGene

I just sold my 1928 Indian Four Model 401- the first "real" Indian Four- pretty rare bike. It's now helping with my Falcon drag car, the 57 Sedan Delivery, maybe a cage for the 427 Galaxie to play A/FX- and paid for this sweetie. Still got three Injuns :001:

lowrider

Been into bikes almost as long as cars. Started out with a 500 Honda in 72 then moved up to a couple Gold Wings. Rode a 87 1100 Honda Shadow for 10 yrs. when I bought a 95 FXDL Harley Lowrider. In 2003 I picked up a Harley FXDS Softail Standard. I still have both Harleys and it creates a problem of which vehicle to go in. One of the bikes, the 38 Ford 2dr Deluxe or the 57 Ford.

MrArt2u

That's funny, MeanGene, I have to sell my 69 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ over the holidays to make room to park the ford wagon! I'm glad someone loves those cars as much as I do! (wife hates it. I blame the "cockpit" interior!)

Zapato

A good friend of mine used to say if it wasn't for HONDA there wouldn't be as many HARLEY riders. His observation over the years was that lots of them started on 90s, then scramblers and eventually ended up on the best Milwaukee offered. Great guy, tough as nails one legged Harley riding Nam vet, damn it I sure do miss him.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

lowrider

Quote from: Zapato on 2014-12-12 15:40
A good friend of mine used to say if it wasn't for HONDA there wouldn't be as many HARLEY riders. His observation over the years was that lots of them started on 90s, then scramblers and eventually ended up on the best Milwaukee offered. Great guy, tough as nails one legged Harley riding Nam vet, damn it I sure do miss him.

Zap- :unitedstates:

That is so true. Friend of mine in one of the Detroit area m/c clubs once said "we all started out ridin' rice, couldn't afford anything else."

Digger 157

2001/1979 Shovelhead rigid hand shift kick only spec con , 1988 FXR project/donor, 1968 Honda 175 sloper, 1973 Honda CB350 chop/bobber project, 1986 Honda 700 donor, 197? Honda CB 550 donor. Girlfriend has 1979 Ironhead. So many projects, so little time...