News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Boston Marathon bomber guilty

Started by Ecode70D, 2015-04-09 03:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Yesterday 04/08/15 the Boston Marathon bomber was found guilty on all 30 thirty charges.  I thought that would be the end of it.   Now for some strange reason the whole trial starts all over again.  Next week and he gets a whole new trial for the sentencing. Go figure. 

BP57CUSTOM

Yes , the sentence should not be negotiable , and should be carried out quickly before our president can trade him for something.
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

RICH MUISE

So many thoughts on this, but they border on political discussions, so I'll just say one of the unfortunate realities of living in a civilized society is you most often can't get true justice. I was very pleased with the 100% guilty verdict...apparently none of the "innocent because ...blah blah blah" BS this time.
Now I hope they do the same up there with the Hernandez case.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I'm sure this might cause a problem with some but I feel the punishments should fit the crime but that will never happen in this country so I can only dream. In my dream world he would have a bomb strapped on and blown up.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

After I posted that, I read something about the Hernadez case being in jeapardy because a media truck approached two juror's cars..... The typical BS I was talking about.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Well.....Things are looking up.   You guys on the other side of the USA and in between actually do get Boston news.  How is it that you even understand the Boston dialect?  I know that Rich does because he used to live here.     

Jeff Norwell

Jay,We get WBZ  and have been for 30 years.We watch it all the time.
I like the weather girl.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Zapato

Back in my boot camp days one of my good friends was Johnnie Soares from MASS  at first wasn't even sure he was speaking english but after a few days it was crystal clear. Then we also had to try and understand Joseph Blanda from 'Nolens' ( New Orleans ). Quite a mixture and lesson of the melting pot. One that we wouldn't have had but for a meningitis outbreak at Great Lakes Recruit Training Center which caused guys out to San Diego. Am sure they might hae also at times wondered what the hell we were saying.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ecode70D

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2015-04-09 12:37
Jay,We get WBZ  and have been for 30 years.We watch it all the time.
I like the weather girl.

Watch out Jeff.  In my opinion, all weather people are liars and that includes the weather girl no matter how nice she looks.   And Jim is going to back me up on that one.  Where else can you go and say anything you want to, and get paid for it?  If I had to pick a profession all over again, I would be a weather liar.  First I'd have to learn to speak English.  HAHA

JPotter57

I'm with you, Jim, and Zap, that's "Nawlins'", lol. 
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

Well being a poor farm boy that had never been out of the state of WI my first experience after boot camp with different dialects was as a phone watch.  Back in the day....I know dating myself, we had phone booths in the barracks.  Thing rang, I did my duty and answered it, could not begin to understand what the operator was saying!  She was in "LA", that's lower Alabama, the part of the state that is south of I-10 (used to be U.S. 90 then).  I even asked her to spell the name, still could not figure it out.  Finally asked her to hold on a minute and ran into the dorm and asked if anyone came from the south...
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-04-09 11:50
After I posted that, I read something about the Hernadez case being in jeapardy because a media truck approached two juror's cars..... The typical BS I was talking about.

Nope found guilty of 1st degree murder sentenced to life without parole.

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ecode70D

Quote from: Zapato on 2015-04-15 17:51
Nope found guilty of 1st degree murder sentenced to life without parole.

Hernandez   was found  guilty and sentence the same day. 
   Boston must have two court systems.   The Marathon Bomber was found guilty last week and now they are planning another court date. He and the same jury will brought back to court.  They plan on going over all the same evidence with the same jurors so that they can decide what he is entitled to for a punishment.  As a former LEO, I never heard of anything like this.

lalessi1

I am thinking Federal Court, for the bomber.
Lynn

Ecode70D

Today 04/21/15 they started the sentencing trial and we were greeted with a middle finger salute by the convicted bomber .  They have the actual picture of him giving everyone the finger but did not post it.    The TV only showed an artist's version.