News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

this one worth looking at

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-04-13 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Oklahoma City NSRA show....just when I thought I'd scream if I saw another tri-five Chevy, especially with a 350 or LS1, this one jumped up and slapped me on the head....by "Bright Built Customs" just an awesome car....also how about a Rambler that'll knock your sox off....
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Rich, chevs and ramblers looks like you stepped into some deep Texas doo-doo buddy. But will join you with the following story. Have always considered myself a Ford guy first and a car guy second. Between the wife and I we have 7 Fords plus a Ford powered MGB. And over the years we've owned and loved/hated several non-ford cars from all over europe.asia and the good ole USA. And tonight we'll be picking up my wifes' special ordered 2015 Mustang GT. So for a few days there will be 8 Fords under our care.

Now, here is where I join you in stepping in some of that doo-doo. Few years back we went to a rod run up in Long Beach, WA all pre '72 cars and trucks. They capped the registration at 1200 and easily that many more cars would show up and cruise around town and enjoy the festivities. Now am sure am not the only guy that gets a bit of mental overload car wise at these events and after awhile it takes something really special to blow your socks off. And one car stands out for me as the best that year and would be top ten material from every car I've seen ever. And dammit it was a '56 chev mild custom. This car had it all right stance, wheel tire selection, incredible but simple white pearl paint with very simple blue pinstripping, little custom touches every where but nothing that took away from the original design. The engine and compartment were a tribute to OCD. And anyway that 1956 2 door hardtop Bel Air really was incredible.

Like stated before am a FORD guy first but that car blew my socks off.  Am going to guess that on occasion all of all Ford guys can and do appreciate not only other brands but also the efforts put forth by their owners.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ecode70D

Rich .... I thought that you were going to  surprise us and say that the 57 school bus had a Ford engine in it.
After  I get over the shock, I'm going to be very sick.  Maybe I'll go out to the shop and just sit in one of my FORDS and dream about when I'll be able to drive it some day this summer.  YUK!

RICH MUISE

LOL...I know...my smite count is going to go thru the roof.
Zap....'15 Mustang GT...cool. Ahhh, that's what you meant when you said you might be flying to Texas.

RICH MUISE

The Chev, btw, was built by the same Bright Built Hot Rods that did the Bob Burgdoff '57 FORD custom...one of my all time favorites.

djfordmanjack

Rich, you must have been misled by the color of the things.... :003: no...not my favorite cars. everytime I see one of those WRONG 57s it seems their tail is hanging down as if being rearended.... ;D

Limey57

In my opinion, Tri-Chevys suffer the same problem as 32 Fords in that it's difficult to come up with something different, just about every "look" has been done, however, that one makes a refreshing change as it still wears it's 210 side trim, rather than being upgraded to the usual Bel-Air trim.  I saw one last year that had been completely rebuilt but had retained it's stock 150 side trim, even rarer!

It's also nice to see something unusual like a Rambler being chosen as the base material for a project, but I guess with the climbing prices of Chevys folks are going to start to look for more affordable projects.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

hiball3985

I'd take the Rambler before another Cheeeeevie with a 350......
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Zapato

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2015-04-13 17:45
gross.

would have been funnier if HRD had said it.

Zapato

Contibob

A well done car no matter what the make is a well done car. My preferences go Ford First, Chrysler Second, gm third.

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Zapato on 2015-04-13 21:02
would have been funnier if HRD had said it.

Of course it would have.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2015-04-13 14:53
Rich, you must have been misled by the color of the things.... :003:
May have been...you did notice both are similar to what I've got on mine.

Zapato

Quote from: Contibob on 2015-04-14 00:15
A well done car no matter what the make is a well done car.

Try as much as I could, wouldn't be able to phrase this sentiment any better.

Zapato

JPotter57

Looks like another tri-five chev to me...try as they might, they still can't make them look as good as a 57 Ford, to me anyway.  Nice try though.  And the color is nice, sort of like the color on your 57 Rich, maybe that was the draw.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.