News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

starting my 4.6 swap

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2014-11-30 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: Raven Rider on 2015-10-02 17:47
Gary not to hijack but if you find a hitch please let me know where you found one.
i found a universal one for a 1 ton truck with a service box that will fit with some trimming.

canadian_ranchero

i have been down with the flu for almost 2 months,hope to get back to the project in january

RICH MUISE

Hey Gary, good to hear from you. I was wondering what happened to you. 2 months is a long time, but sounds like you're on the recovery track. Just watch your health...getting a big shop warmed up in the Canadian winters can't be easy. Do you have a smaller, close off area, in your new shop that is easier to heat?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2016-01-06 09:19
Hey Gary, good to hear from you. I was wondering what happened to you. 2 months is a long time, but sounds like you're on the recovery track. Just watch your health...getting a big shop warmed up in the Canadian winters can't be easy. Do you have a smaller, close off area, in your new shop that is easier to heat?
you need to insulate well[15-18in of insulation in my ceilings].i leave the temperature at about 40f so nothing freezes,only warming it up when i work in the shop and have no problems heating the building 

canadian_ranchero

update:found my oil to air engine oil cooler will not fit,no room for the oil filter when i tryed to install the oil cooler adapter.found one off a 2000 crown vic police car,goes in the lower rad hose,looks like it will fit.having some trouble finding the a/c fittings i need.

RICH MUISE

Gary...if you're looking for springloc fittings I got mine and others at either www.coldhose.com or www.purechoicemotorsports.com
edit...I just checked...springlocs I got at cold hose

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2016-01-27 14:35
Gary...if you're looking for springloc fittings I got mine and others at either www.coldhose.com or www.purechoicemotorsports.com
edit...I just checked...springlocs I got at cold hose
because of the poor canadian doller,[something for $50 US will cost over $100 landed here] i am trying to find parts in canada

canadian_ranchero

went to put on my oil cooler type oil filter adapter,was going to put on some sealant but the tube was empty.will get some more today

RICH MUISE

Ha...at least it was empty. I'm so slow at getting things done, most of the time stuff will harden in the tube before I get it anywhere near empty.

canadian_ranchero

got my cooler on.2nd picture show my old hastings oil leak tester,works well for priming the engine before start up.3rd picture power steering and belt back on

RICH MUISE

This is the first time I've seen the cooler setup. I'm curious to see how everything is going to clear the radiator/lower hose connection. The cooler adapter sure puts the lower hose in a different place., although I can't remember where the oem lincoln outlet was...I got mine off a crown vic police unit as well, just didn't have the cooler.

RICH MUISE

I just went back and reread most of this thread. It's amazing how different our installs are, with almost every detail being handled differently.

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2016-02-02 09:23
I just went back and reread most of this thread. It's amazing how different our installs are, with almost every detail being handled differently.
i think a lot has to do with what parts are available,your skill level,what you want when you are finished[i am pulling a trailer with the wagon].the oil cooler has the lower rad hose hooked to it and with the coolant going though it.my measurements say there is room for the cooler.next step is to fit the rad and then to clean up the front sheet metal,paint the inner splash pans and install the front end     

canadian_ranchero

update;here is a picture of my in progress rad install.still working on the top mounts

canadian_ranchero

update;got my lower rad mounts welded in.starting to clean and paint the inner fenders and rad support.they do not list the round rubbers that go between the inner fenders and firewall.found model A [1928-1931]cowl shims are the same.$3.50 set of 6 :003: