News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Which steering column to use with r&p.

Started by hrsky, 2009-09-15 13:57

Previous topic - Next topic

hrsky

I'm building my own r&p steering using the cavalier r&p, but i dont know which steering column to use. Is there any aftermarket that fits, i really would like to use the original steering wheel.  I know several of you have this type of r&p, what type og steering columns are you using? Thanks. HR

KidKourier

HR,   As far as after market columns go try either Flaming River Industries(www.flamingriver.com) or Ididit Inc.(www.ididitinc.com) as for a stock column you might try one of our members--Wildhog who's selling R&P kits for '57's,he might know what to use--(www.bulldog57@charter.net or John at 815-742-6325),last one you'll have to take your chances with is Rick Wurth who originally started making R&P's for '57's and you could either send your column to him and he would modify it to accept the Borgeson joint or sell you a kit to do it yourself or buy one already modified from him---Wurth-it Design(www.fordrackman@gmail.com or 970-314-6159). Good Luck  KID

bagboy

I used a 58 auto,went with aod, did out own mods.

Ford Blue blood

If you want Ford look at the mid 70s Econoline, no key, tilt and shifter if an automatic.  Need to put a bearing in the lower end.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II