News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

TUDOR Quarter Glass

Started by KULTULZ, 2007-05-11 05:22

Previous topic - Next topic

KULTULZ

The Business Coupe came through with fixed quarter glass (see thumbnail below).

Does anyone know where I can find this used, NOS or repro?
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

wolfpupsdad

any good glass shop can cut flat glass to order.

custom300fe

Just don't try and find the replacement rubber. That is not reproduced and any I have found in the yards is junk.

Custom 300 2dr
390 + 30
Edelbrock Heads
Ported Street Dominator, 750 DP
Crites 2" Long tube Headers
C-6
3:55 Trac-Loc

KULTULZ

That is what I thought, the seal is not reproduced. I would think it would take the same glass, just no regulator or hardware?
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

shopratwoody

like your MEL mech. patch :004:
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

Marc

Dennis Carpenter now has the seal for stationary quarter windows for body style 70. I think they're around $50 a pair.

KULTULZ

Quote from: marc on 2007-05-17 10:56

Dennis Carpenter now has the seal for stationary quarter windows for body style 70. I think they're around $50 a pair.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

custom300fe

Another point. I don't think the glass is the same size as the roll up windows. The bottom of the glass will be shorter for the fixed winow. Someone on here shold have a pattern if they've had new glass cut. Could save you a lot of heart & head aches.

Custom 300 2dr
390 + 30
Edelbrock Heads
Ported Street Dominator, 750 DP
Crites 2" Long tube Headers
C-6
3:55 Trac-Loc

KULTULZ

Quote from: custom300fe on 2007-05-17 20:39

Another point. I don't think the glass is the same size as the roll up windows. The bottom of the glass will be shorter for the fixed winow. Someone on here shold have a pattern if they've had new glass cut. Could save you a lot of heart & head aches.

That makes sense. Thanx!

I found a source of flat glass out of OH that puts the SAFE-LITE on the glass. Good quality stuff. I am sure they will have the pattern. This will be for a CUSTOM installation (remove regulator and hardware).
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960