News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

La Verne Cool Cruise

Started by robhaerr, 2013-03-30 22:41

Previous topic - Next topic

robhaerr

I cruised over to La Verne today.

Only a few '57 Fords...but at least there were a few!

robhaerr

We've mentioned this Ranchero before.

The T-bird was for sale $36,000. Didn't see what motor was in it. I am seeing way too many with Chevy 350s/Corvette motors...disgusting! At least make it a Rousch crate motor. My 'wagon is in the background.

57AGIN

robhaerr:

Good photos and nice examples of the 57's.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen any of them at a show. 

Speaking of which, are there any shows this coming week that you are going to?  I might be able to come to one with you.  My Monday and Thursday nights are tied up but I'm most ly free the rest of the weekdays.

Bob
57 AGIN

robhaerr

Hey Bob...

This La Verne shows is really good...over 700 cars...great cars! Took lots of photos, too many to post.

I have to go to Denver for a business trip this next week.

I was hoping to make the first NHRA Museum Twilight Cruise on Wednesday, but will miss this one. Maybe the next one May 1.

Ever been to it? Largest mid-week cruise in the country...
http://www.museum.nhra.com/cruise.asp

Rob

57AGIN

robhaerr:

Sorry to miss you, but I think I will head over to Pomona and do the NHRA Museum Twilight Cruise this Wednesday.  I know Bill Sawyer AKA, Mr. Retractable will probably be there with one of his 57 retractables.  I'll also check with Rick to see if we can't get a respectable showing of 57's at the opening show.

Bob
57 AGIN

robhaerr

It's been a few years since I have been to the Pomona Twilight Cruise. Didn't wanna go until my engine swap was done.

There are usually a few Rancheros along with Mr Retractable. It would be cool if that Mr Galpin Gasser shows up.

Hopefully the weather is nice. I think I did want to go last April, but it rained...or work got in the way.

I hope to make a few this year.

Rob

kiwi ragtop

Hi guys,

My wife an I have decided to come back over in June for another trip, not he major road trip we did last year more of a holiday, although we will still end up flying over to meet up with wildhog to go to the back to the 50s. I penciled in to attend the NHRA cruise night, so hope you guys can make it to that one as well. Bob I will give you a call to check out what else is on while we are in LA.

Happy cruising
Kiwi ragtop 

57AGIN

kiwi ragtop & robhaerr:

I did ago to the Pomona Twilight Cruise last night and boy am I glad I did.  There must have been several hundred really nice hot rods, street rods, cruisers, originals, etc.  Gale Banks, the big guy in turbos, gave an interesting shop talk on engine basics, next month he'll be doing the next higher installment (probably something about adding boost???).  The "celebrity" judges went through the cars and determined about 5 vehicles to invite to be a display vehicle at the 2014 WinterNationals (in the area where they have the vintage dragsters for the cacklefest) and also do a parade lap before the start of the Finals Race Day.  Wonder of wonders, mine was picked.  So next WinterNationals I'll actually have an opportunity to open the headers and do a pass down the Pomona Drag Strip, at a blistering speed of maybe 10 mph.  That's better than a trophy any day.

Kiwi, looking forward to seeing you two again.  Maybe this time we can get a number of 57 Fords International Club members together.

Bob
57 AGIN

Frankenstein57

Kiwi ragtop, I'm about an hour or so North of Tom, on your way. Stop by for an hour or so.  Mark

robhaerr

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2013-04-04 18:25
kiwi ragtop & robhaerr:

I did ago to the Pomona Twilight Cruise last night and boy am I glad I did.  There must have been several hundred really nice hot rods, street rods, cruisers, originals, etc.  Gale Banks, the big guy in turbos, gave an interesting shop talk on engine basics, next month he'll be doing the next higher installment (probably something about adding boost???).  The "celebrity" judges went through the cars and determined about 5 vehicles to invite to be a display vehicle at the 2014 WinterNationals (in the area where they have the vintage dragsters for the cacklefest) and also do a parade lap before the start of the Finals Race Day.  Wonder of wonders, mine was picked.  So next WinterNationals I'll actually have an opportunity to open the headers and do a pass down the Pomona Drag Strip, at a blistering speed of maybe 10 mph.  That's better than a trophy any day.

Kiwi, looking forward to seeing you two again.  Maybe this time we can get a number of 57 Fords International Club members together.

Bob
57 AGIN

Oh man...awesome! Really bummed I missed it due to a business trip.

Glad you made it...it is a great event the first Wed of the month. I hope to make the next one.

Congrats, Bob!