News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Route 66 Cruise

Started by KidKourier, 2013-06-15 21:47

Previous topic - Next topic

KidKourier

While at the L.A. Roadster show I picked up a flyer for Route 66 cruise! Apperently the city of Ontario,Ca. is going to take over the cruise from bankrupt San Bernadino,Ca.It's scheduled for Sept.20,21,22nd,2013.You can go to (www.Route66CruisinReunion.com) for more info and pre-registration form.I think the cruise is on Euclid Ave. which if I remember is 6 lanes(or maybe 4) devided by a grass/tree lined center deviders?Those of you from the surrounding area maybe able to give a better description of the area cuz it's been awhile for me.Hopefully they can keep Route 66 cruise alive,we have so few here in SoCal--LOL ! KID

57AGIN

KidKourier:

I just checked my calendar and that weekend is currently open.  Maybe we could get a few of us together for one or two days of this show.  We could use this to do another "Gathering West" like we did at the Fun Ford Weekend in 2004 in Fontana.  What do you think?

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

KidKourier:

I downloaded the entry form and it looks pretty interesting.  I'd really like to see if we couldn't get sufficient interest among club members and other 57 owners to sign up for and attend this event.  I know I could make all three days, but it really wouldn't be necessary for everyone to do so.  The information implies, but doesn't confirm whether there will actually be cruising (other than a poker run) involved, but it does sound like it could be fun.  Also the prohibitions, restrictions and zero tolerance policy should keep the bad things that were part of the last couple of years of the original Route 66 Cruise from happening.

Bob
57 AGIN

KidKourier

'57 Agin;    I'd go for that,when everybody showed up at John Forces that year was way kool!I've been to Route 66 (2,000 cars) and was the only '57 there except for a couple of Baby Birds. I called the 800 number and they confirmed that there will be a cruise route (shoot,forgot to ask about open headers) that will be posted on website,also,it is first come first serve for parking!!!She seemed to think it would be around where Holt Ave. crosses Euclid Ave.This is their first go at Route 66 cruise and stated that this would be a learning event to help with future cruises(yearly Route 66) so bear with them while they learn and improve!  KID

57AGIN

KidKourier:

Sounds like a good thing.  Rick and I are both signed up for Mustangs at the Queen Mary on Sunday, September 22, 2013. But I could sure do Friday & Saturday.  We might be able to attract robhaerr and Bill Sawyer (Skyliner), too.  If we try to do this for certain I'll get out my list of 57 Ford owners in Southern CA and try to coax them out of hibernation, too.

Bob
57 AGIN

KidKourier

Bob,     I'm up for it,I usually go to San Bernadino for Route 66 when they had it,so what's another 20 minutes!! Still waiting to find out about the cruising  route but I'd be good for Saturday 21st.I know you and Rick do Orange County/Beach Cities shows and I do Inland Empire/San Diego shows so maybe this could be a cruise central to both of us and others(I'm only about 1 1/2hrs away).So kick it around and let me know,registration closes in mid Aug. I think.    SKIP =KIDKOURIER

57AGIN

KidKourier & other West Coasters:

Well, looks like the best laid plans of mine are quickly going astray.  Rick has been the elected Treasurer for the Knotts Berry Farm Annual Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show for the past year.  Last Saturday I was appointed to be the show's Interim Ford Car Club Council Secretary since no one else stepped up to fill the void due to a resignation.  Unfortunately, the first meeting for the 2014 show is being held on Saturday, September 21, 2013.  So, I'll be unable to attend either Saturday or Sunday of the Route 66 Cruise.  Bummer!!!  I was looking forward to doing at least two days of the three day Route 66 Cruise event.  I am so very sorry.  Maybe we can do the Mustangs at the Queen Mary Show on September 22, 2013 or the John Force Holiday Show and get some more members to park together.

Bob
57 AGIN