News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Phoenix...Cruise Central

Started by RICH MUISE, 2014-10-07 08:30

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Anybody headed for Phoenix this weekend(10/11) for the Cruise Central show and cruise?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Saturday was a very enjoyable day in Phoenix. I went to a local small show early Saturday in Buckeye, just three blocks from where we stay. There was a nice '57 Ranchero there...another owner who had not heard about our Forum. His name was Tom...hoping he joins up with us.
I contacted Jerry (Raven Rider) who lives in Mesa on the other side of Phoenix, and we met up at the "Cruise Central" show a little after 1 o'clock. As it was last year, it was a really good gathering, however this year the police were putting a damper on the burnouts and" shows of speed" out on the street, so that was kind of a bummer. Jerry and I hit it off well I think, and spent a lot of time talking '57's and cars in general...I really enjoyed meeting up with another forum member. After a few hours there, we moved on to the Pavillion show in Scottsdale. LOL..I think Jerry got there a half hour before I did...I got lost. the Pavillion show was down a little from my previous visits, and a few guys I had seen before that I was hoping to talk with some more were not there. Anyway..altogether a very enjoyable day!
Rich

John Palmer

Having grown up in Phoenix, Central Ave was "every Friday Night".  From Bob's at Thomas Rd., up to the Carnation Dairy at Indian School.  But I have to admit, that Bob's Big Boys were very expensive at 55 cents!  And gas "for over a dollar a gallon" was just a dream.  Seems like yesterday.

RICH MUISE

I really enjoy all the car stuff in Phoenix. We'll be headed that way in March again...planning on being there the 13th to hit the Goodguys show. Do you still live in Phoenix, John?

John Palmer

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-01-28 18:23
I really enjoy all the car stuff in Phoenix. We'll be headed that way in March again...planning on being there the 13th to hit the Goodguys show. Do you still live in Phoenix, John?

No Rich, we moved away 25 years ago to So. Cal., we just go back now for family visits.

We drag race at the March Meet at Bakersfield in March each year.

57AGIN

John:  What do you run in Bakersfield?  I've been planning on going up there for some time, but never seem to make it.  This year, I swear I'm going to get my 57 over to the Auto Club Dragway at Fontana.  I really want to find out what my car will turn with some decent tires, the CalTrac Traction Bars & the supercharger.  It feels real strong pulling through the gears on the street, but the proof is really at a sanctioned drag strip. Not to mention the fact that I haven't been on the strip since 2008 or 9 when they used to run the Fun Ford Weekends at Fontana.  I really miss those days of in my youth driving 10 miles to Lions and pulling 10 to 15 runs on a Saturday or Sunday at the drags.  Car shows are cool, but the drags were and are just great. 

This coming Friday my 57 will be on display at the WinterNationals in the Hot Rod Junction along with some of the nostalgia drag cars.  I'm looking forward to that, as I try not to miss the start of the drag season at the WinterNationals and the close of the season at the NHRA Finals.  I just go on Thursday to see the door slammer classes running and Friday to get my Semiannual Nitro fix, I watch the rest of the drags on TV Saturday & Sunday.

Bob
57 AGIN