News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Tauranga Toy Run (New Zealand)

Started by junior58, 2014-12-10 00:08

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

Me and some buddies did a 900 km round trip to support our northern Soprano's Street Rods club members in their annual Christmas Toy Run, raising money for a local hospice and toy donations for the childrens cancer ward. We convoyed up in the green 38 sedan, my 57 and the red and silver 56 Chev sport coupe. Out of 200 + cars, mine was the only 57 Ford. Met up outside the local stadium / speedway track and then cruised around various scenic spots to end up at Fraser Cove shopping centre for a display. Had a great trip, stayed the whole weekend and had a couple (yeah, right) drinks with our buddies before cruising home on the Sunday.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

junior58

A few taken at the shopping centre (the previous ones were at the starting point)
Steve McKnight

RICH MUISE

That's a bunch of really nice rides. When you offshore guys post pics I spend as much time if not more looking at the surounding area/people. Thanks for posting.
Any more pics of the green Ute? Couldn't see enough of it to identify, but I love all of them.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

junior58

Sorry Rich, no more pics of the ute. it is an early Australian Holden (GM) ute, about '59 or '60 I think. I have a few more pics that I can post if you like (not till tonight though).
Steve McKnight