30th Annual Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show held at Knotts Berry Farm April 19th

Started by 57AGIN, 2014-12-30 03:32

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-04-27 11:47
Thanks for posting those, Bob. All great looking cars. Unfortunate too see every Sunliner had it's roof stuck 1/2 way down...must be a common defect to all hang up in the same spot.
You wouldn't have a side shot of that black Del Rio wagon (shown in reply #12)?? It's got the wheels I was thinking about as an alternative choice to torque thrusters type.
How's your car coming along, btw?

I always thought they did the half way down thing for display purposes only.

I've seen the Phil Featherston t-bolt a few times at our local all Ford day drags a few times. He also has R code 66 Fairlane sedan he brings up to, a real treat to see for sure.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

I was just being sarcastic....I get tired of seeing those things displayed like that, and the Sunliner guys are probably equally tired of hearing me bitch about it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57redwhitered

Rich did you notice how many people are around the Skyliners?  That is the reason mine is always shown with the top stuck in that place.  Creates a spectator magnet.
1957 Skyliner

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: 57redwhitered on 2015-04-27 21:01
Rich did you notice how many people are around the Skyliners?  That is the reason mine is always shown with the top stuck in that place.  Creates a spectator magnet.

try going with a 58 Edsel....or better yet hit a parts house with the computer whiz kid behind the counter....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57AGIN

Guys:

Here are a couple of more photos from this years Knott's show.  These were taken by other photographers and have a slightly different perspective from those I shot.  A couple of the cars were in other areas not assigned to 49 - 59 Fords and I missed them.  Enjoy!

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

RICH MUISE

Thanks for posting another pic of that Del Rio. I sure am liking those wheels alot, except for my car, maybe a smaller dia. as I'm not a big fan of the rubber band tires, Now if I can just remember where I was looking at those...... Cragers, I think.

rmk57

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

http://www.cragarwheel.com/products16-27/CragarSeries391GBonnevilleGray
I was thinking maybe these cragars
What do you guys think about them?

57AGIN

Rich:

Something like that slotted Cragar is what Santini would like me to put on my 57, along with dropping the front 2" or 3".  All things considered, I'm still leaning toward keeping the Cragar S/S rims, but I may have to go bigger than 15's if I wind up putting bigger calipers & rotors on.

Bob
57 AGIN

lalessi1

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-04-28 20:36
http://www.cragarwheel.com/products16-27/CragarSeries391GBonnevilleGray
I was thinking maybe these cragars
What do you guys think about them?

ET Wheels has a similar wheel too in all sorts of sizes and offsets. http://www.etmags.com/dragmaster.html I really love that "Hallibrand" look.

Lynn

RICH MUISE

Lynn...I think you may be right with the Del Rio being ET Wheels. Look at the Sebring model. It is a knock off spindle, but can be drilled for a bolt on. The first pic Bob posted of the Del Rio can be zoomed in on and I think is a perfect match for the Sebing ET wheel. That said, they're a bit pricey and I like the Cragars just as well.