News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Five Years (+10) and counting

Started by gasman826, 2014-05-20 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Excellent craftsmanship, Gary. You should be proud. Way back when you talked about and showed pics of the T-bird dash, etc, I wasn't sure that I'd like it, but you sure made me do a 180 on that thought!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Quote from: gasman826 on 2021-03-31 08:09
Isn't that the way, you figure out what you're good at when it's too late to make a career out of it.

Boy is that the truth! Have had the discussion a lot over the last couple of years with my apartment building re-hab.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

I got to get busy and make some matching but disposable floor mats. 

My parents brought home a new '57 Custom with dealer installed, clear seat covers.  Being 6 years old and at a complete loss to explain 'what was I thinking!!' (Mom never did understand that little boys have NO thoughts going through their minds), I popped the cigarette lighter in, was impressed that it was red hot, was smart enough not to touch it, but had no problem touching the new clear seat covers.  That perfectly round hole was in that seat cover when the car was traded.  At least the covers did their job, the OEM seats were perfect for the next owners!

Ford Blue blood

That's too funny Gary.  Had nearly the same "lack of thought" going one day.  Decided I needed to see what a board with nails in it would do to a tire, so I stuck one behind one of the rear tires......as you know the rest of the story is self evident.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

GEEZE! You two were living dangerously!  I never even thought of doing those things...but then both my dad and grandfather were Marines...I was terrified of bringing that part of them to life! LOL!!! Granddad was WWII dad was Korea. Had I done that sort of stuff they would have hash out of me!!!   :icon_salut:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

BILL!!!  What were you thinking?

I got the stick regularly...mostly because I couldn't answer THE question.

mustang6984

Yea...there were times I took the punishment because I KNEW the answer to the question of "what were you thinking"...would have gotten me a LOT more punishment if I told what I was thinking! LOL!!!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Some of the old fellows here may remember the old fly swatters.  They had a heavy wire handle that was pretty stiff.  Well I'm here to tell you my brother and I kept that wire handle polished up real shiny!  We also learned real fast having news paper stuffed down the back of your pants sounded completely different then the flesh when struck!  The comment from mom was "You boys think you're so smart?  I'll show you what smart is!"....and she did.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

LOL!!! Ah yes...the "good 'ol days"...I do remember those!   :005:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alvin stadel

My dad had a real nice belt with silver metal studs in a circle with a rhinestone in the center of each circle, and when that hit my ass it hurt. I was in the 5th grade and he used that belt on me for something that I didn't do.  I decided he would never use it on me again. I cut it into pieces and through it into the coal furnace we had in the basement.  But being in the 5th grade I hadn't thought about the fact that the metal studs and the buckle wouldn't burn. When he cleaned the ashes out the evidence of what happened to his belt was there. Years later we laughed about it but at the time he was very pissed.

SkylinerRon

In Jr High the vice principal had a board made into a paddle with holes drilled in it.

It hung on the wall in his office for years.

I think a hanging paddle worked better than a sissy timeout.

Ron.

terry_208

My 8th grade principal had a paddle about 2 ft long and 5 in. wide and 1 in. thick.  He wielded it well.  it felt like iron but I believe it was pine! :) 
Terry

mustang6984

Mr. Bartella...7th grade...paddle...holes...discipline. Yea...I never got it...but rather learned from someone who did...a few times! LOL!!! Oh..and spelling books...sound different than the backside!  :005:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

Finally...finished the left door panel.  Moving on the tuning a little bit of the carpet.  Just another skill to relearn.  Getting there.

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker