News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

granada rack ?? Can I use it

Started by delrio wagon, 2009-05-03 20:14

Previous topic - Next topic

delrio wagon

I bought a granada for the brakes on my wagon. They worked out great. I even found a local guy to drill the spindles for 10.00 a side. My question is can I use the rack, pinion, and gear box off of the granada for my car? I have both setups off and they look very similar. I figure it would achieve power steering and improve my steering at the gear box at the same time. I am sure if it can be done somebody in this forum has done it. Please any info would be greatly appreciated.

My definition of insanity 50.00 for 57 del rio complete minus engine no rust!!
500.00 for the 57 4dr custom parts car !!!!!!!!

KidKourier

How are you planning to mount it? I had one that they welded a bracket to the engine crossmember and mounted the rack to that,it handled like crap! The front end would sway back and forth and up and down,the tires would toe in and out and when you came to a stop sign it sounded like the brakes were locking up!And driving on the freeway,talk about a stimules package--no "Monster drink" was needed by the time you got to a car show.Oh! I've driven it that way for over 1800 mi. "LOL" bought a new rack kit from Wildhog from this site to cure it! KID

tarheel57

Kid,how do you like your rack & pinion setup you installed from Wildhog? I have one I got from him about a month ago, but Im still in the building stages so it will be a while before I will get to drive mine and Im going to paint my frame before I install it.I sure like the looks of the complete rack setup wildhod has put together.Just wondering how it drives? :unitedstates:

KidKourier

Wildhogs rack kit was a easy install,had to buy a reamer to enlarge the spindle hole for the outter tierod ends to fit( took all of 5 min).Haven't got her off the jackstands yet as I'm working on the front brakes,so much to do here in SoCal that I tend to procrastinate a little(make that a bunch-LOL)!Will be talking to Wildhog this week about a couple of questions I have but just the usual touching base with him about the kit/install. KID

delrio wagon

Thanks for the info. Better get the free weights back out of the closet because I just cant afford a new rack right now. I should get to working out. :deadhorse: :deadhorse: again thanks for the info.