News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Anybody hear of a 567 steering box?

Started by johns2000, 2008-11-18 16:51

Previous topic - Next topic

johns2000

Has anyone heard of a 567 steering box, if so what cars did they use them in?

Thanks

Ford Blue blood

I would like a little more info too.....who, what and where?  Bolt in, obviously column change?  Thanks, Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

johns2000

I bought one and did a dry fit and it appears to be a bolt on, from the frame to the pitman arm she bolted up real nice. I believe the pitman arm does have to be re-machined but they did that for me. Once I get everything back together I will post pic's, I'm doing alot while the 460's out so it may be awhile. ABS power brakes sells it.

57Cust300

I have installed one in my 57. Bolts right up and pitman arm was not a problem. I did have to shorten the steering column about 8 inches. It feels really good, very smooth and 3 1/2 turns lock to lock, with the front wheels off the ground ( without pump ) I have a pump purchased and will update when this is installed. At this point, I am very pleased with the box.

57Cust300

Drove my 57 yesterday with the ABS 567 steering box. The car drove really good with good road feel. I am using the stock 57-59 power steering pump. I like the improvement and would recommend this steering box. Note: it does require the steering column to be modified or replaced.

57Cust300

I changed my power steering pump to an electric pump from a Citroen Saxo . Works really good, smooth and quiet. The stock 57/59 pump would pulse really bad at low rpm. The electric works any time it has power. The electric pump and the 567 box is great.