News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bumper Jack

Started by Mavaholic, 2015-12-05 03:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Mavaholic

Looking for a complete bumper jack for a wagon. Cost and shipping to 32060.  Thanks

RICH MUISE

Mav....I don't have one, I gave mine away a few years back to someone doing a restoration. Just a head's up though....the old bumper jacks should be used only for restoration/display...you don't want to actually use them. They are fully guaranteed to ruin at least your bumper, aside from being incredibly unsafe.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Mavaholic

Yes, its just for display. I wouldn't trust a bumper jack even if it didn't tweak the bumper. I had a bad experience with one way back when I was 16 yrs old, I had a 61 Falcon jacked up at the rear and reached into the trunk for something. The car started to slide and I instinctively grabbed the lower lip of the trunk opening to stop it. Well it didn't stop and when the wheels hit the ground the trunk lid slammed down across all 8 fingers. I dont always learn my lesson the first time, but I did then. Never used another bumper jack after that except using the shaft as a pry bar.

BWhitmore

Rich - you gave your jack to me for my Ranchero.  Unfortunately it turned out not to be the proper jack so I gave it to Jim(Hi-Ball).  You did post a drawing of the proper jack storage for all models (including wagons) - posted under Diagrams & Drawings, which also provides a clear view of the proper jack.  I did eventually find the correct jack but for display only.