News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wanted Rear Quarter Panels and Outer Wheel Wells

Started by Randyh, 2015-04-02 05:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Randyh

Blasted the rear sheet metal on my car and what I thought was going to be usable, turned out pretty bad. Looking for rust free quarter panels and outer wheel wells, if anyone knows where I can find them please let me know.  Thanks,
Randy

BWhitmore

EMS Auto Sheetmetal has American made good quality quarter panels.

Randyh

I have tried several of the EMS pieces and although I am happy that someone is making pieces for our 57's they do not meet my expectations with regards to being accurate to factory design so I back to looking for factory parts.  I tried contacting the salvage yards listed in the links without success.  I was hoping that someone knows where there may be a rear clip for sale.
Randy

JPotter57

Hard to find anything rust free on our side of the country, Randy.  I live in south Mississippi, and there is nothing down here that hasn't been turned to lace.  You will have to go west to find the good stuff.  I got my Custom from Dallas.  It was semi-rust free, did need some floor work, but the rockers and quarters were in good shape, rust wise.  I replaced the driver side quarter with another original one, because someone had hit it, and completely flattened the sculpted wheel opening, and built it back with bondo.  I first noticed the wheel was closer to the fender lip on the driver side than the passenger, so I started looking, sure enough, it was beat up inside, so I heated it up and began scoop 3/4 inch thick bondo off the outer quarter.  I almost radiused the openings out at that point to make a gasser, then started to sell it.  I found a good quarter from Glen Henderson, and patched the lower rear portion and it was good as new.  Lot of work, in retrospect, I would have probably been better off making a gasser out of the car.  Well, it is nearly ready for paint now, probably another 3 weekends of blocking and sealing, and blocking...etc, wash, rinse, repeat..and it will get its new color, no, not yellow.  My son's Pace Car will be ready to paint at the end of April, so hopefully, I can knock them both out without having to rehang plastic in the garage.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Randyh

I now it isn't going to be easy but was hoping that someone on this site has or may know where to find these.