News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

wanted spring/shock mount plate for rear end

Started by jseth83, 2013-12-28 16:39

Previous topic - Next topic

jseth83

Anyone want to sell a pair of the mounting plate for the rear end?  I can't find my original '57 set anywhere....I have several sets from Mustangs but they didn't work because of the smaller axle tube size....I need the 3" ID spacing.  Thanks!
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

If you are talking about the plate that the u bolts go through and the shock bolts to I have a pair.  In WI right now and will be back home on the 2nd.  They're yours for postage and a donation to James for the site.  PM me for shipping info.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

jseth83

Thanks for the quick reply.  I was actually able to find some that I made work with a little help from Lincoln Electric.  Thanks for the quick reply, and good idea about a donation for James.
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Bill, I have a friend who was looking for one. If you still have them, I'll check with him to see if he's still looking and which side he needs. He recently bought a '56 Ford pickup with a 9" rear from a passenger car..whoever put it together used 2 of the same side plates, so he's got one shock in the front of the axel and one behind it. Anyway, he's the friend that just put the Lincoln Mark viii independent rear in another friend's '56 pickup, and likes it so much he was talking about doing the same to his, so he may not be doing any fixes on the 9".
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Rich let me know, they are still here and not going anywhere for the moment.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

He does not need them. I saw one of our mutal friends today and he told me it had been fixed. Thanks anyway, Bill.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe