News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Beautiful country pictures  :003: I need to get out on the road.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Thanx for starting page # 57 of this build thread, Jim !  :003:
Must be a good sign.
This weekend we are going to take part in a traditional rod run only 20 miles from my place. Was hesitating to enter the 57CS, because I didn't want to spend all day long alone in the car, wasting expensive gas, but obviously a few friends from Germany that I haven't seen in 4 years will arrive the day before for some BBQ at my friend Rob's place and we'll pack up the 57 with 4 people and join the rod caravan early next morning. Let's hope for nice weather, safe rides and taking some neat pics.

hiball3985

That sounds like a fun time with your friends, enjoy the rod run.
I've only been driving mine locally due to the heat and no air.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Had a great weekend, meeting friends we hadn't seen in over 3 years. Nice weather, but not too hot. 57Cs never got over 180°. about a 100 mile cruise. visiting a local nostalgia museum, that had about 5 or so early Model Ts ( one with acethylene lights), an original Edison phonograph and a working 1886 Benz motocar replica.
The scenery was overwhelming, and about 50 cars and 20 motorcycles attended. I will post some more pics later.

pretty steep hillclimbing and parking.

Nearly got into a little dog fight trouble with the Slovenians, but it turned out ok after some barking and sniffing... :002:  :003:

hiball3985

When parking that close to a Chevy always have your car disinfected afterwards :003: 
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Fairlane62

Nearly got into a little dog fight trouble with the Slovenians, but it turned out ok after some barking and sniffing...[/quote]

Sitz, Platz, the Chevy seems submissive.

djfordmanjack

Haha, you are quite right! maybe the 56 Shepheardroullette knows German, his owner doesn't ...hahaha... This is just making good fun of old friends much like you American and Canadian guys do.

I wonder if it's ok to post all these pics here, but at least my 57 is in some of them and many other interesting Fords as well. Please ignore the occasional off-brand vehicles.... :003:
We all had a great day out!

RICH MUISE

Looks like you had a heck of a weekend, Gunter. Love the Lincoln, the flamed '32 coupe, the Edsel, and the Caddy convertible! Looks like the only things missing were women, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

hahaha....good observation, Rich. But you may be wrong. They're just not in the pics, because they are always the first to hop in the shade, run for Coffee or head to the restrooms..... :002:  :003:

Obviously our hobby is mostly a men thing, even more so over here. But there was a good number of ladies, female partners and even onlookers attending. They usually hang out on their own while we guys talk nuts and bolts.

I didn't intend to share this pic, but there you go. :002:

hiball3985

Great pictures and collection of cars and glad you had a good time, thanks for posting them. I love the Continental. Did you know that Continental was a whole separate division and wasn't a Lincoln product as some believe? I only learned that in recent years.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

I absolutely love and adore the MkII. Probably the greatest number of pics of any of the cars I took of that black Continental. I also learned about the Conti division only recently here on this forum. Our late member Zap(ato) had a blue 57 MkII for sale and I was interested and we had discussed a possible purchase, but his MkII had quite some rust on the undercarriage and it is a very complex and difficult car to repair, being a somewhat unibody design lacking a separate chassis, with exhaust running through the rocker and quarter panels, and ridiculous amount of gadgets all over the car. the hood, grille, both bumpers and factory tunneled headlights are my favorite parts on MKIIs. The engine was a MONSTER, back in its time. the (real leather) interior is breathtaking. the black one has cold air (AC) feeds for all 4 seats, above, in the headliner/roof panel. crazy !

It is absolutely stunning !

RICH MUISE

Hahaha..........If you gonna share pics, that'd be the one, lol. She is gorgeous. I love artistic tats.
I had also forgotten that the early Marks were not Lincolns.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Fairlane62

Pretty Lady.

I also like those 650 Yamaha bobbers.

Jeff Norwell

Outstanding G..... I hope you can come here next year for the Jam Up.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

FiveSevenLiter

Great pictures, thank you.
Here is another Continental piece.  Ford was so high on the car they did not assign a year of manufacture.  The VIN is different from all other FoMoCo product.  When people say it is a 1956 or 1957, that is only the year of registration.
I have some great memories driving my father's Mk II on a Friday night when I was 17 years old.
Deuce Days Northwest this weekend, film at 11.
Terry
 :canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin