News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

need windshield glass measurement.

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-03-24 21:03

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I want to double check the height of the windshield I got 6 or 8 years ago before I go for the second attempt at installation. If anyone has their windshield out of the car, could you run a tape measure (along the glass) for the height of the glass for me. Mine is right at 16". TIA
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Rich
     The best that I can come up with is 17 1/4 inches.  Since my windshield is in place, I had to slip cards in under the rubber to the a total of 3/4''  My measurement on the glass between the rubber is 16 1/2 .   Add the two together and I get 17 1/4 if my math is correct.
      Hopefully someone who has his windshield out will no doubt come up with a more accurate measurement.

djfordmanjack

Rich, the glass is 17-5/16 tall in the middle ( the body opening is 3/8 less). I just pulled the windshield today. Only to get your measurement... :003:
( only joking but I DID pull the windshield today, by incidence read your topic) this is the wagon and Custom tall windshield. if your windshield measures 16" it probably is the Fairlane type.

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the confirmation, guys. I appreciate the time and effort. That is what classic city auto told me, so it makes me feel better about ordering a second windshield. Now I just need to find someone near home that needs a Fairlane windshield.

Thor

If I lived closer I would sure come pick it up. My windshield has a couple of pretty good chips in it. Its also going to be a while before I will need one. :burnout:

Acrylic man

That's mine then, I'll take it. I need side and front glass, my back glass is fine.
What do you want, and would it be possible to meet 1/2 way?
Larry
1957 Fairlane 500 Club Victoria 2dr HT

Acrylic man

After looking Thor, is closer than I am, so if meeting the 1/2 way was an option, I would defer to him.
The 1/2 might not even be optional, I understand, and not a problem.

RICH MUISE

I'd like to get 200 for it. I really don't want to get into packing and shipping, and a friend just told me he paid 184. to have a windshield shipped last month.
Acrylic man.....Yep, Houston to Amarillo is a long way,...10 hrs... however, any chance you're planning on attending the Pate swap meet in Fort Worth next month?

I originally paid about 550 including shipping  for the windshield, but there are cheaper sources now than there was then. It will have some residue from the sealant around the egdes, but other than that, new condition.
Now the next thing....Yes, I have a Fairlane windshield, but I need to check on whether or not it makes a difference on which Fairlane. I don't know if the Fairlane hardtops and Fairlane sedans were the same windshield....my guess is they are different. The height and the angle of the post may be different
I'm going to go check see if there is a number on it I hadn't noticed before.

update...there are some numbers on it, I'll do some research and find out what it fits...hopefully the numbers don't come up for a Custom, and they just made it wrong.

Acrylic man

What's the date and address, I'll try for sure to make it?

Acrylic man

My windshields not out yet, if you'll check on the different on the 2 Fairlane I'll try to pull mine out and get the measurements see if they match yours.

RICH MUISE

April30-may3 It's at the Texas Motor Speedway North of Forth Worth on I35west
www.pateswapmeet.com
One of the biggest swap meets in the country...One would be hard pressed to see everything in one day. I go every year...about 6 hours of walking is all I can take anymore, but it sure gives me my fill of swap meets for a while. They'll be about 10-12 "streets" about a mile long.
The windshield was made by AGP (American Glass Products). I sent them an email, and hopefully will get a response. I'll try calling them tommorrow, they were not answering today, maybe just too late.
It looks like the AGP part number is D834 TR GS-13
If we can't get any answers that way, I can trace the outline of the windshield at the end and mail it so you can check the fit for the right a pillar angle/shape . These windshields, btw, install/remove with the stainless attached except for the two lower corner pieces which will reveal screws after they are removed.

hiball3985

AGP maybe Auto Glass Peru, I think they bought all the old LOF ( Libby Owen Ford ) molds from what I can remember being told by a glass guy I use to know who replaced the windshield in my 60 truck..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

All 500s are the same as are all 300s.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

Rich, if you have the wrong glass you must have also have the wrong rubber. yes? no?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Limey57

You don't fancy tackling a 1 1/4" roof chop then Rich?  :003:
Gary

1957 Ranchero