News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

need windshield glass measurement.

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-03-24 21:03

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Zapato on 2015-03-25 17:24
Rich, if you have the wrong glass you must have also have the wrong rubber. yes? no?

Zap- :unitedstates:
I don't think so. Actually at the ends it was pretty close...at least not the inch that it was in the center, so the rubber could easily stretch to fit the Custom
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Limey57 on 2015-03-25 17:44
You don't fancy tackling a 1 1/4" roof chop then Rich?  :003:
If I ever do a roof mod on a Custom, it will be to remove it entirely. I still vision a Custom soft top convertible.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2015-03-25 17:06
All 500s are the same as are all 300s.
Bill, I don't want to be reading between the lines here. I knew all the Custom platformed models were the same..Ranchero, wagons, Custom sedans,Custom 300 sedans, etc.
I have a hard time keeping the Fairlane based models straight, and I know all Fairlanes are not 500's. Aside from the two convertibles, are you saying all Fairlanes regardless of being a hartop or a sedan use the same windshield?

RICH MUISE

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2015-03-25 17:05
AGP maybe Auto Glass Peru, I think they bought all the old LOF ( Libby Owen Ford ) molds from what I can remember being told by a glass guy I use to know who replaced the windshield in my 60 truck..
This is their website:
http://agpglass.com/en/products/page/linea/auto_replacement_glass

Note their logo is same as on the windshield. Apparently worldwide, including Peru.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-03-25 18:03
are you saying all Fairlanes regardless of being a hartop or a sedan use the same windshield?

Yes.  Now back windows are a completely different story!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Awesome....makes it alot easier to find a new home for it. I'll wait for a confirmation from Larry/AcrylicMan

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-03-25 18:16
This is their website:
http://agpglass.com/en/products/page/linea/auto_replacement_glass

Note their logo is same as on the windshield. Apparently worldwide, including Peru.
If you talk to them can you ask if the windshields for the 57 are made in Peru? I think that is where my truck windshield came from and I was told it was high quality..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Thor

Rich,
I would like to drive down and pick up the windshield if I can make arrangements with you. I know for sure that the Fairlane and Fairlane 500's (long wheel base) use the same windshield in both 1957 and 1958 (maybe 1959 too?). The Ranchero, Wagons, Custom Sedans, Custom 300 sedans (short wheel base) use the taller windshield. At one time I had picked up a Custom 300 windshield and better stainless. After researching I found out the same thing you are experiencing. The 300 windshield was too tall. I have since sold the 300 windshield so I can't help you out there.  :-\

Acrylic man

Well I was going to say, I'll meet you in Fort Worth.http://57fordsforever.com/smf/Smileys/default/001.gif
Thor spoke 1st.   If something changes, I'll take take it for sure. Larry
1957 Fairlane 500 Club Victoria 2dr HT

RICH MUISE

Thor...I came back to do a post asking if we (Acrylic Man and I) were jumping the gun on you as you were the first to jump in, but  your previous post was a little confusing. I guess you just answered that.
Larry:....I should have clarified what Thor was saying before we made any arrangements, I apologize for that. I honestly was confused as to what he was saying, but I also think it would be right for him to have first shot at it since I never confirmed he was out of it.
Sorry for the confusion.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Acrylic man on 2015-03-26 08:36
Well I was going to say, I'll meet you in Fort Worth.http://57fordsforever.com/smf/Smileys/default/001.gif
Thor spoke 1st.   If something changes, I'll take take it for sure. Larry
Well, I guess we're all online now. Thanks, Larry...you'll be next in line
Also, I did confirm what Thor and Bill said. The same part number is used for 2 and 4 door Fairlane hardtops and sedans.
Thor...I'm retired (or retarded)..so my calender is open. Just let me know when would be convienient for you. I'll PM you my address and phone #'s after we set a date/time.
Rich

Acrylic man

1957 Fairlane 500 Club Victoria 2dr HT

Thor

I'm sorry. I re-read my first post and it definitely was confusing. I was trying to imply it might be a couple weeks before I can make arrangements to come get it. I really do want it. Is this windshield a clear one, green one, or the one with the shade across the top?

RICH MUISE

Even though the markings on it label it as tinted, for all practical purposes, I'd call it clear....there is no visable tinting to it that I can detect. No top shading ( I hate driving with those). I sent you a pm with my info.

Zapato

Quote from: Thor on 2015-03-26 08:18
I know for sure that the Fairlane and Fairlane 500's (long wheel base) use the same windshield in both 1957 and 1958 (maybe 1959 too?).

The 59 is such a different beast in so many ways that am going to guess, and its only a guess, that the glass is different.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72