News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Roger Williams Memorial . . .Please look inside.

Started by JPotter57, 2007-07-01 15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

In memory of our friend, fellow club member, and fellow `57 Ford owner.  Roger Williams, aka RAWms left us on June 9, 2007.  He left behind a wife, Diane, and a daughter.  Roger was active on our `57 Fords Forever message forum, and was always willing and eager to help or offer dvice on whatever project happened to be going on.  Although I was never fortunate enough to meet him personally, I knew him from the forum, and always looked forward to his monthly progress report emails.  His own `57 Ranchero was nearing completion at the time of his death.  According to his family, they will be having the car completed as Roger would have wanted it.  I want to invite all of our members to post here their thoughts and condolences to his family.  It is fitting, as Roger spent a lot of time here on our forum, that we offer up our sympathies here as well.  Roger will be truly missed here, but we must never forget to thank his famiily for lending him to us for the short time we had him here.  Rest in peace, my friend.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

Roger, as was typically found at his computer, offering help to a fellow `57 Ford owner...
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

And finally, Roger's Ranchero after installing the newly replated rear bumper and new Cali plate . . .
Old, loud, and fast.

57 Ford Kustom

Roger :006:
      We will all miss you on this forum, my wife Pat and I send our condolances  out to your family. This is not a easy message for me to write so here goes , get the big garage ready for the rest of us , we are coming behind you . You are the one in charge
     God bless you and your family.

T 8)m   :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

shopratwoody

I was fortunate enough to meet Roger once briefly. He was taking his Family to Disneyland. They pulled off the freeway, met me at pre arranged spot and brought me a piece I needed for my Ranchero and then they
went on to Disneyland. Very helpful, thoughtful and friendly person. I miss him. My condolences to his wife
and entire Family. R.I.P. Roger
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

larryb346

I never met Roger, however emailed him and he thoughtfully put me on his progress mailings and always looked forward to reading his post. He was always helping someone with his knowledge or sharing his progress, good or bad decisions, about these old and somewhat frustrating vehicles we all love. I was  sad to learn of his passing and wish I had some words to help but I do not so best I can say to his family is take comfort if you can in the outpouring of feelings from people that have never met him and the respect we all held for him. Thank you for sharing him with us.
Larry

meteor

To Roger's family:

I'm sure you have received a ton of email - obviously nothing but kind words and sympathy. I feel very moved to write a quick note to express my condolences for your loss and to help paint a picture of Roger's far-reaching kindness.

I feel that I am a million miles away up here in Toronto, Canada and have never met Roger in person, though I wish I could have. Like many others, I have followed his Ranchero progress emails and looked forward to reading his posts on the 57 forum. My Ranchero is my first classic car project and Roger offered me much advise and shared his knowledge and expertise without hesitation, for which I am truly grateful.

He seemed like a great man and will be missed by many, many people.

Thank you Roger, our prayers are with you and your family.

Matt Labutte
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

Hoosier Hurricane

To Roger's Family:

You were truly blessed to have Roger in your lives.  I was also blessed to have him in my circle of internet friends.  He offered many solutions to problems with our cars, and was receptive to our input about his project.  Do not hesitate to ask us questions that arise as you finish his Ranchero.  God bless.

John Feistritzer

57AGIN

I was only fortunate enough to have met Roger once, when he came up to Lynwood check out some of the 57's in Steve Pierce's Lynwood storage yard.  I had driven my 57 over to Steve's that day and met Roger, who was busy purchasing some parts from Steve.  He came over to my 57 and asked to see what I had done with mine. We talked for about a half hour and I gave he and the friend he had with him that day a short ride in my 57.  He was genuinely interested in what I'd done on my 57 and I was really looking forward to seeing his Ranchero in person and letting him tell me about so many of the things he ran into while completing his project. 

I got to know Roger primarily through his emails to me personally and to the general membership in the 57's club.  We phoned each other on a few occasions and talked about some of the upcoming car shows and the Fun Ford Weekend scheduled for this October at the California Speedway.  He was looking forward to showing his Ranchero.  He was justifiably proud of his work and accomplishments on the Ranchero. 

Roger was generous with his help and advice and always shared his successes and even some of the not so successes as he rebuilt his Ranchero.  He will be missed, but through the legacy of the information he so freely shared and the fine car he so nearly completed we will not forget your Roger. 

Bob
57AGIN

smurfee

GOD SPEED ROGER, it is as though the air has been let out of all our tires, things will never be the same without you here to help us my friend but what you have taught us will always remain in our hearts & knowledge bank, to your family I say thank you for sharing your hero with us - he will never be forgotton!SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf: ( DON KRAMER )
NEVER LOOK BACK

57freak

Being new to this forum I never had a chance to talk with Roger, but after reading some of the messages left by fellow 57 lovers I felt I had to write. He must have been a great guy and I feel left out for not getting to know him. To his family, my prayers go out to you as I know he is missed. To his friends and fellow 57 lovers we can only make sure that his knowledge continues to be passed along threw this forum. I am lucky to have come across this forum and that the members are friendly and willing to help with any problem. Great job guys.

Glen aka 57freak