News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Banned from HAMB

Started by jarhead1986, 2012-07-26 20:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

That's a great shot. As long as we are on the subject of the hamb, if you haven't been following the guy doing the ranchero with the roof alteration, you need to check it out. That guy is good.   Mark

KULTULZ

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2012-07-29 23:12

if politics start up on this board, I will lock it down immediately.

THANK YOU!

I too received a warning letter from HAMB BONE once. You have to tread very lightly there. I just breeze through occasionally for tech info. No use trying to exchange.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

Tom S

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2012-10-12 19:45As long as we are on the subject of the hamb, if you haven't been following the guy doing the ranchero with the roof alteration, you need to check it out. That guy is good.   Mark
I couldn't find this on HAMB.  Got a link or the name of the guy or the name of the thread?

JPotter57

Dude is chopping the top using a hardtop windshield and moulding.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Quote from: Tom S on 2012-10-15 23:20
I couldn't find this on HAMB.  Got a link or the name of the guy or the name of the thread?

believe we're now talking about   exStreamliner   need to go back wasn't he unchopping a Ranchero to begin with and using part of the retractable roof ?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Tom S

Quote from: Zapato on 2012-10-16 10:15believe we're now talking about   exStreamliner 
Thanks!  Here it is.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567430&highlight=exstreamliner
Man, that's quite a project.  With 29 pages there I have only glanced thru a few posts.

F570RD

The 57 in the picture may be a four speed.I was talking with some (older) folks about stock racing back in the day and it seemed you could machine a low gear into the oem case.One guy swore he heard three shifts out of some of the 57's.On a side note.......I was watching a C/S Mustang in the pits at a National event and as he ran through the gears on jack stands you could tell it was clutchless.This is legal for SS,not Stock.If you don't get caught,it ain't cheat'n......right?

RICH MUISE

I've only been on the hamb a few times..never joined. When I open the thread, I just get text, no pics. Any thing I need to do, like join and view as a member to see the pics. LOL I'm not sure if I'm more anxious to see the build or his "helpers" that guys were posting about.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-10-18 17:46I'm not sure if I'm more anxious to see the build or his "helpers" that guys were posting about.
;D

Ford Blue blood

Rich there is some good stuff, some really good stuff, some OK stuff and some junk.  Most of the build threads are OK and serve as a so so learning tool.  The pics give a much clearer understand of some of the attitudes.  Just don't enter the dragon's den if you ain't "old school" (their definition, not mine).  Just not into their "old school"!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

don't intend to do any posting there..just lurk. I may not have explained the problem I'm having very well. When I bring up the thread on the unchopping of the ranchero, I'm not getting any pictures. From comments some of the guys have made, I'm assuming the rest of you are seeing the pics streamliner has posted...I'm not, and I was wondering if I was doing something or not doing something that's causing me not to see the pics.

57chero

I had the same problem , so you have to register to see the pictures.Its no big deal takes a few minutes and its free.

RICH MUISE

thanks...I'll do it.

Zapato

Rich, you'll find the social groups to be the most sociable. Check out the 57 Fords group. Its pretty slow you might just be the guy to fire it up. Read the rules and you'll be fine. It can feel like kindergarden at times. If you decide to start posting do a intro or the jackals will declare a feast.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JPotter57

That is the number one way to get them started, is to post without first posting an intro....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.