News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Banned from HAMB

Started by jarhead1986, 2012-07-26 20:16

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I appreciate the fact that the HAMB is a good repository for good information.  I have found a lot of good stuff there, and continue to look around there.  I just dont post much, because of the crap I have seen other guys get hit with.  Now, that said, I do agree with the fact that traditional means as it was done back then.  My last `57 was not traditional at all, aluminum headed stroker 351W, 5 speed, Weld Pro Stars, cowl hood, etc.  But, for the most part, I didnt post any pics of it where you could see the wheels or the engine.  The positive comments of it before the bright yellow paint and the cowl hood were many.  I didn't go into many details after I saw the negative response to other guys posts.  This car will be much more traditional, with the only modern component being the 5 speed trans.  Everything else could have been done back in the day.  Once I get my 312 out of machine shop jail, assembled and back in the car, it will be even more so traditional.  For now, it will look the part with a Cleveland powerplant, and as soon as I am able, it will go back in.
Now, for the `57 Ford part, thanks for being part of our group Jeff.  You are an immensely talented fellow, and we are proud to have you as one of us.  Just bring some of your `57 Ford  cohorts from the HAMB with you next time, the more the merrier.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Jeff Norwell

james....you got it...I have a few local friends I have made that are 57 Ford nuts....but there computer skills are not up to par.
I shall yell from the mountain on this great site!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2013-04-15 09:07
I have to laff..cause when I speak to real old timers....they say the only true hotrods are pre-1936.... after henry stuck headlights in the fenders..... that was then "your daddys car".... CAN YOU IMAGINE STARTING THAT FIRESTORM ON A THREAD???????? ha ha ha

Mostly stopped posting there because some of the "experts" put down a bunch of guys for not being "traditional".  If you don't fall lock step in with their line of thinking no amount of words are spared to let you know how messed up you are.  Well having grown up in the 50s and 60s a hot rod was a 32 Ford roadster and a custom was a Merc.  No one ever thought about the "fat fender" cars as being hot rod material, customizing for us poor folks was black wheels with silver painted lug nuts, porta walls, dingle bearies and a piece of well pipe for exhaust.  If trim got taken off the hole was "BONDOed" up and rattle can paint that was close got sprayed on.  If it had 4 doors it was junk and got burned out.  Now "traditional" seams to be pantina and chrome wheels?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

dual antenaes, skirts,dummy spots,floor shifter,reversed shackles. You knew what day of the month the little pages came to your newstand so you could go check out what the big boys in cal were taking from one car and fitting to another.
My idea of 50's and 60's traditional is using whatever you could afford to customize or otherwise change/improve your ride, and if you had the money or the dreams, you were watching for the new stuff. That's old school traditional.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

pitts64

I got banned because my mommy didn't buy me a voo-doo gear shift knob....   :deadhorse:

Seriously, they banned me and I have no idea why...

hotroddonnie

I'm not bashing the HAMB, but I remember when a young guy posted a question on how to pinstripe his wheels. It was all great and everyone was all over it telling him how its done, after he had finished his wheels he posted a picture of the car, it was an 86 Buick!!!!! WOW! **** hit the fan and the kid was gone! I do understand rules and that his car is not a traditional Hotrod, but it was funny how everyone scattered when they saw the picture and he became their enemy! HRD

rmk57

Quote from: jarhead1986 on 2012-07-26 21:51
Called some guy and asshole just kidding with him......It was a real ignorant reason i think. Everybody was having a good time
carrying on with each other .......well not everybody i guess.
e

I'm positive they'd welcome you at the Yellow bullet forum. That kind of behavior is encouraged there!!!!!.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

"called him an a'h"......I did the same thing shortly after I became a member there...nothing happened, I figured the moderators knew I was right! They were talking about people taking pics of their cars, and somebody said he was driving down the main street downtown in his hometown, and some guy was on the sidewalk taking a picture of his car as he drove by. Apparently, he was annoyed someone thought his car was cool enough to take a picture of, so he flipped him off, and was bragging about it! My response was exactly as yours, but I wasn't kidding.

jvo

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2012-10-23 11:28
To them traditional custom means the way it would have been  done back in the olden days, with fire heated lead, etc.  Bondo is acceptable as long as you dont talk about it.  The customizer has to have pork chop sideburns, a big greased up pompadour hairdo, and wear sleeveless t-shirts with jeans rolled up with 6 inches of cuff at the bottom.  Finish it off with a pair of old Dingo steel toed biker boots, and $10,000 worth of tattoos, and you're in like Flynn....

Reading this thread, and I just love this.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

Jeff Norwell

cool kids cool kids cool kids!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

MeanGene

At least that dickweed Metalshapes is no longer a moderator- holy god complex, Batman- whatta jerk

Some of his handiwork-

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
You used up more than your quota of Moderator time.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Grief counseling is available

RICH MUISE

Got an address on that Grief Councelling Center? That's hilarious.