News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Take 2!!!

Started by 1930artdeco, 2021-03-01 13:04

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

that does look homegrown to me. maybe someone made an additional drain for the cowl vent and this saved your front floors ?

gasman826

Isn't there a little wiper linkage access panel right where that hose flange comes out of the cowl?

The FOM is toast.  I do have a C6 lying around.

The PS pump bracket is Y-Block.  FE uses a different bracket but more common.  I have a couple.  The pump is extremely simply and seal kits are available.  These pumps are very rebuildable if the rollers are not pitted.

RICH MUISE

I'm pretty sure that is not original to the car, and I think the cover plate that you would normally see there was access to the wiper gizmos. I completely cleaned off my firewall/cowl so I don't have anything to look at here.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Hoosier Hurricane

The FOM evolved into the Cruisomatic and then to the FMX.  With a good rebuild the FOM will hold up well behind the 390 for your type of driving.  John

dgasman

That is a homemade whatyoumacallit , a plate belongs there for access of the wiper control cables.
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

Lgcustom

Back in the day I did something like that and ran a hose to the air cleaner inlet to get cool air from the cowl. At highway speed the extra air turned the spark plug insulators WHITE!

terry_208

Quote from: Lgcustom on 2021-03-02 18:31
Back in the day I did something like that and ran a hose to the air cleaner inlet to get cool air from the cowl. At highway speed the extra air turned the spark plug insulators WHITE!

Ram Air.  Am I correct?
Terry

Lgcustom

That was the idea. Couldn't notice an improvement in daily driving.

KULTULZ

Cowl Induction.

Old NASCAR trick.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

cokefirst

Regarding the Stanger Site for Eaton pumps and Bendix control valves.  The owner is Randy and I have had him do three pumps for me.  His prices are more than fair and I always get a first class job from him. The last one i did was a F600 or so pump from a mid 60's big job. I had a friend give me this pump and it has been sitting out in the open or a long time.  It was frozen.  I called the big guys that do these repairs in Minnesota and they would not even look at it.  They also quoted me over $400 to rebuild the pump IF it was not frozen.  I disassembled and cleaned the pump and notice the internal pitting.  I sent it to Randy and he found good used parts and rebuilt the pump for less than $200.  I cannot say enough good things about this guy. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

brushwolf

Quote from: dgasman on 2021-03-02 14:33
That is a homemade whatyoumacallit , a plate belongs there for access of the wiper control cables.

Yep, here is what it looks like stock....
51 Victoria
55 Crown Victoria
55 Dodge Royal 2 Dr hdtp
56 Mercury Montclair 2 dr hdtp
57 Ford Sunliner
57 Ford Skyliner
57 Chev Bel Air 2 dr hdtp
57 Dodge Custom Royal 2 dr hdtp (factory hemi)
58 Ford Skyliner
58 Fairlane 500 4 dr
59 Thunderbird
60 Impala 2 dr hdtp
61 Galaxie Sunliner
62 Thunderbird