News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Intro Kiwi Newbie

Started by 2drhrdtp57, 2009-12-17 22:14

Previous topic - Next topic

2drhrdtp57

Hi all,

Thought I would do the intro thing My Name Is John and I am a Fordaholic, I have a 57 63A Victoria which I have owned for 6 years and I am 2 years into a rebuild of, Interested in anyone who has done the same, and anyone elses 57 Fords for that matter. I like my Y-Blocks and some of you may know me from Y Blocks Forever by the same name. My father has a 57 Ranchero with a 1958 352 FE in it and he is working his way through a rebuild of it too.

1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

JimNolan

Welcome John,
    I too have a 63A. You'll find this a good website with a lot of experience here. I'm sure if you use the search feature you can find a discussion on about any topic. You're car looks nice too. Welcome. If I can be of help just let me know. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

Great looking Fairlane, John.  Welcome to the club....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57ragtop

John, Welcome to one of the best Ford sites. Visited New Zealand about 4 years ago to meet my wife's brother and his wife, had a great time. Beautiful country.  John  :006:

shopratwoody

Welcome John,
I'm Ron from So Cal. :unitedstates:
I hate blocksanding!

alstoy

Hi, its good to see another New Zealander on this excellent site. I have found it invaluable with my project, a 1957 Ford Country Sedan Wagon. We are trying hard to get it completed for Americarna here in New Plymouth, late February.

have a good Christmas.

AL

2drhrdtp57

Thanks for the welcome guys, I am sure I will enjoy camaraderie of the likeminded 57 enthusiasts on this site.
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

cool57

Welcome! That is a sweet car!

wolfpupsdad

welcome john , nice ride

smurfee

Welcome aboard young man, a really great group here with a world of needed info, nice ride & good luck with the rebuild, DON :unitedstates: :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK

2drhrdtp57

Thanks Don,

And yes I feel like a young man here and on the Y block forum, at 37 I always seem to be one of the younger ones on these forums, so much to learn from all you guys with knowledge and experience from now and back in the day, I am just glad that I get it, i like my old cars and engines not sure what the excitement is about with late model tuner cars, but I have noticed a few young guys out here maturing to the light side of hot rods and street machines pre 70's I was kinda hoping I was going to be the only 1 and was going to set about building an aircraft hanger style garage...lol

John
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

F570RD

\_((__________))_/

(? )_____v_____(?)

[____l______l____]

[_]   ?         ?   [_]
Well this sure as heck didn't copy from the Y block sight.But its one of the coolest key board graphics I've seen.Thank you John.....maybe you could post that here.

2drhrdtp57

Ha, I forgot about that! Probably more appropriate here!!!  :dumbass:
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]