News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

HRD does it sgain!

Started by Zapato, 2016-08-06 21:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Donnie brings home the gold once again. This time his incredible gasser is featured in the October Street  Rodder. Well done !

Zap -  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

Saw it, wondered if it was his....good looking car!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hotroddonnie

Thanks! I'm very happy that it was able to make it into Street Rodder. HRD

57AGIN

hotroddonnie:

Hey congratulations Donnie.  My 57 almost made it back in 2013, but alas, the magazine Modified Mustangs & Fords was discontinued before it was featured.  I have about 150 real nice photos done by Jim Smart, but they never were published.  Getting your ride featured in Street Rodder is a great honor.  By-the-way have you had your Gasser out on the strip yet and if so what have you turned?

Bob
57 AGIN

hotroddonnie

Hi Bob. I haven't taken it to the track yet. I do get asked that question quite a bit. HRD

57AGIN

hotroddonnie:

I never got the chance to take mine to the strip after installing the supercharger.  My last attempt was back in 2009, just after getting some M/T Drag Radials & CalTrac traction bars.  I bogged coming off the line at 4,000 rpm. So I never got the chance to see what it would do on a clean run with the tires pumped up enough to allow them to slip just a bit and launch without bogging.  My guess is somewhere in the low 13's or upper 12's.  I'll just have to wait until it is out of Santini's.

Bob
57 AGIN