News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Day/Nite mirror for 57 Ford?

Started by Zippy2, 2020-01-18 08:26

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

SEARCH feature found a whole list of conversions on this topic.  Link to one of the many:

http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=7610.msg65384#msg65384

hiball3985

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Zippy2 on 2020-01-20 10:44
That '55 PN didn't seem right to me either unless the '55's had the same stem.
I've searched many reproduction parts suppliers catalogs and come up empty. djfordmanjack your solution is functional and great but I would rather have a mirror that looks more 50's than 60's.
I think cokefirst's photos of his mirror will be very interesting.
Here's my car.
1957 66B. Was a 292 O.D. Now a 319 (312+.040) T-85 O.D. 4.11. Factory power brakes. T&C radio. Original color (Flame Red). I did all work except engine machining.
Zippy, I'll take  some photos of my mirror and post them here. It is for the Ranchero I'm building. Being that you have a Ranchero, I'm looking for  a piece of the Stainless Bed Trim............The Upper Left Side Corner in Stainless. Have a Right Stainless, need a Left. Got one, or know someone that has one?
John

KYBlueOval

Zippy, here is the mirror I put together. The Stem is from my Ranchero and Chrome Plated. The Day / Night Head is from a Edsel. Don't ask what year as I do not know, but there are only 3 years of Edsels. The mirror head comes apart and there is a Frame that goes on after the glass is installed. Hopefully you can see it in the photos.
John

RICH MUISE

That looks really great John.
The ebay ad that Jim posted..........369 bucks, wow. Sure glad I'm not into the as-it-left-the-factory restoration stuff!
If you scroll to the bottom of that ebay ad, you'll see another one from Mac's, also for a T-bird73.

Zippy2...your post kinda got buried. That's a great looking Ranchero. Thanks for posting.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

cokefirst

The mirror was not offered in the Thunderbird or truck.  The part number was the same from at least 1955 through the 1957 model year.  There are later mirrors that will fit, but the correct mirror is the B5A part number.  I will try and post a photo of the correct mirror tomorrow.  The mirror was not offered as a factory installed option but was available from the dealer.
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-01-20 15:23
That looks really great John.
The ebay ad that Jim posted..........369 bucks, wow. Sure glad I'm not into the as-it-left-the-factory restoration stuff!
If you scroll to the bottom of that ebay ad, you'll see another one from Mac's, also for a T-bird73.

Zippy2...your post kinda got buried. That's a great looking Ranchero. Thanks for posting.
Isn't that crazy. I'm sure someone from the fat wallet crowd will buy it.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

cokefirst

This is one photo of the correct mirror
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

cokefirst

another view
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

djfordmanjack

wow that is beautiful ! I had exactly that in my first 57 ( SD Courier) but back then I had no idea of how rare and desirable it is.

Zippy2

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2020-01-20 11:54
Zippy, I'll take  some photos of my mirror and post them here. It is for the Ranchero I'm building. Being that you have a Ranchero, I'm looking for  a piece of the Stainless Bed Trim............The Upper Left Side Corner in Stainless. Have a Right Stainless, need a Left. Got one, or know someone that has one?
John
Sorry, I don't have that piece of trim and don't know of any. Those corner pieces on my car are chrome plated steel. They were also made in stainless? Thanks for the pics of your mirror.
When better Shevvies are built, Ford will build them.

Zippy2

Quote from: cokefirst on 2020-01-21 17:55
This is one photo of the correct mirror
Thanks. Now I know what to look for. That one on ebay must be a fake?
When better Shevvies are built, Ford will build them.

RICH MUISE

That's one good looking mirror. Thanks.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

cokefirst

you are welcome.  As i stated earlier, I spend a year waiting for one to show up on ebay.  It was a buy it not and  didn't quibble.  There are lots of other options if you don't care about having the correct mirror.  I always liked the one with the horseshoe Day/Night that was used in the early 60's  Several of the ones shown are the site are nice looking, but there is something about having the correct one in your car. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed