News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hello

Started by 1930artdeco, 2020-07-16 18:32

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Quote from: 1930artdeco on 2020-07-16 18:32
Hello everyone,

I am newbie and finally have a question to ask as I am doing research for my next car. Currently I have a 99% stock Model A but fell in love with the 57 Ford line up so I am starting the research part before plunging. I know of two 57 rancheros for sale and the guy said he would take 12 for both or 7500 for one. One is totally stock the other has been 'upgraded' in the engine dept. I was looking at the all stock one (292 with auto) which has been sitting outside for years with the driver door open. Flat tires, collapsed shocks, etc., I could not get in to see about the rust on it, which I assume is probably a lot. I personally think that 7500 is quite a bit for a car that needs to be flatbeded home and frame off restored to get in drive shape-am I wrong? I could maybe see if it was in a barn and only needed a little help but we are talking full take down of all of the systems.

Thank you,

Mike

Mike, I'm building a Ranchero and it is completely apart, thus showing all the rust areas.I'll gladly walk you through what to look for on a Ranchero. I can be reached at   5 Zero 2  Seven  7  3  Zero 5 9 two.
John

1930artdeco

Hi All,

Thank you for the input and insight. I think I am going to pass on the ranchero and wait for a sedan or wagon. Mainly due to his price and me getting married in two months plus an apparently huge tax bill coming up in Jan. I will continue to learn and ask questions if you don?t mind.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

mustang6984

Mike...that's hat we're here for...stick around and visit often.  :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker