News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New to forum with New to me 57 Ranchero

Started by Ottoparts, 2020-10-27 17:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottoparts

Good day folks!
Judging by the white stuff outside, it's cold outside.  Perfect chance for me to work on my latest project that I acquired. A 57 Ranchero. I traded a wrecked Miata for it. I don't fully have a set direction on where I want to take this al gal. Supposedly runs and drives, however doesn't like to stop. I'll find out soon enough. Glad to be a member and looking forward to all the reading material

Wirenut

CobraJoe

Welcome aboard Otto! Let's see some pictures of your new project!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Welcome, and thanks for the intro!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ottoparts

I had to switch computers to add pictures. You can see the rust in the quarters, however if you look in the bed you can see the new/used quarters that came with it.

CobraJoe

WOW! Looks like a pretty solid platform to start with! Congrats on your trade!!!! 

Here in New England, that car would bring big money  :003:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Ditto......heck of a trade. Glad you posted your location..........I go thru Tijeras a few times a year or so. New Mexico is one of my favorite road trip areas. We just might get to meet one day!!
Guys, Tijeras is right on I40, up the pass east of Alburquerque. NM14 goes thru it also, and is a beautiful drive to Santa Fe from there. I forget the local's name for NM14, Turquoise hwy??  Nice country!
Next on your list.....check to see if that crown vic still has a good 4.6, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Welcome aboard!  Looks like a nice start!  We do like lots of pictures......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

djfordmanjack

THAT is a great looking Ranchero for sure ! wouldn't change a thing on it except whats necessary to get it going and stopping !
Welcome to the forum !

mustang6984

Welcome aboard! You will be pleased to find that every problem you MIGHT encounter with that lady...has been dealt with by one of (likely more than one) the guys on the forum...and everyone LOVES to share info and repair techniques. You are definitely in the best place to be.

Looks like a nice ride in the making...going to bring some fun when you are done! We will look forward to progress pics!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker