News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

crank/door handle removal tool

Started by 1930artdeco, 2021-03-04 04:37

Previous topic - Next topic

1930artdeco

Hi All,

Where does one get the special removal tool for the window crank and door handle lever? Did Ford use that stupid little wire clip like they did on Mustangs? Also, is there a tutorial for removing door window glass? I have the manual but maybe a video?

Thanks,

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

59meteor

Yes, Ford, and many other manufacturers used the horseshoe shaped clips to secure the window cranks and inside doors handles. Most auto parts stores should carry the tool, which is quite inexpensive.  I have 1 from Snap On, and one from Lisle, both work well. On occasion, I have also been able to sneak a shop rag of other cloth between the handle and door panel, and buy pulling the rag back and forth, had the clip pop out.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

mustang6984

I use a thin flat blade screw driver. Works fine.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

1930artdeco

Thanks, I know exactly which tool to get. Is changing out soon glass hard? I have to change the entire left side as they are cracked and made of plate glass. I was thinking of installing the green glass. Would the front and rear be green as well?

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

SkylinerRon

All glass would tinted green if factory installed.

Ron.