I want to add a 4 Way hazard Flasher Circuit to my Ranchero,I need a schematic.

Started by KYBlueOval, 2021-03-02 06:43

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I want to build a 4 Way Hazard Flasher Circuit for my Ranchero. I'm using a '57 Thunderbird Column with a '59 Ford turn signal switch, so there are no OEM provisions for such a circuit with what I'm using.

Does anyone on the Forum have a 4 Way Hazard Flasher schematic they would share?

Has anyone else made this addition and if so how did you do it?

Thanks
John

Ford Blue blood

John I will work one up and send it to you.  Yup, put it up here too.....:<)

OK, after looking around I found this diagram that will make having 4 ways in our old systems easier.  Each of the out put wires from the relay will feed the turn lights when the relay turns on.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

KYBlueOval

Hoosier Hurricane

John, I'm not sure what those kits involve, but on my '53 truck I hooked a toggle switch between the front turn signal light wires.  With the switch in the "off" position, the turn signals operate normally.  With the switch in the "on" position, and the turn signal lever turned to either right or left, all four lights flash.   John

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Hoosier Hurricane on 2021-03-02 14:28
John, I'm not sure what those kits involve, but on my '53 truck I hooked a toggle switch between the front turn signal light wires.  With the switch in the "off" position, the turn signals operate normally.  With the switch in the "on" position, and the turn signal lever turned to either right or left, all four lights flash.   John

I really like it. That is so simple. Great idea.
Thank you!
John

SkylinerRon

Signal Stat, Dietz and Yankee made nice kits to do this.

Ron.

KYBlueOval

Thanks Ron. Didn't realize they were still being produced.
John

SkylinerRon

I don't know if they are current but, you should be able find one. We installed a lot of them on medium duty trucks before they became standard.

Good luck,

Ron.