News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

all inclusive Transmission sheet

Started by 1930artdeco, 2021-05-22 01:57

Previous topic - Next topic

1930artdeco

I thought I would try and put something together for people who are trying to choose a tranny-like me. I wanted to make a 'one stop shop' type sheet where people can see what may or may not bolt to their particular engine. Does the car/support need to be modified? Please feel free to chime in and I will check in every few days to update the list. If this list is someplace then this post can be deleted. Hope this can help consolidate info and help someone.

Thank you,

Mike

Trannies that can be used in our cars with either slight modifications or no modification to the cars. Some tranny?s may need a different bell housing or different tail housing. This list is designed to be a quick list so that one can look at it and figure out if a particular tranny will work. It is probably not inclusive and I know I am missing years and mods. So please feel free to add to it.

Ford-o-Matic (51-64) evolved into the Cruise-o-Matic (58-67) which evolved into the FMX (68-79) (no mods needed?):
-Bolts to Y-blocks (FoM, CoM, FMX?): (years)
-Bolts to small block (FMX): (years)
-Bolts to FE big blocks (FMX): (years)

C-4 bolts to small and FE big block (64-81?) (mods needed?-tranny support)
Bellhousing type: Aftermarket adapter required FE to C-4  (very pricey!).
Tailshaft style:

C-6 bolts to small and FE big block (66-96) (mods needed?-tranny support, tunnel mods)
Bellhousing type:
Tailshaft style:

AOD bolts to small block (1982-1995) (mods needed?)
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

SkylinerRon

Aftermarket adapter required FE to C-4  (very pricey!).

Ron.