News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

A/C, power steering pully

Started by 1930artdeco, 2021-06-03 00:31

Previous topic - Next topic

1930artdeco

I have seen a crank pully for P/S and alt/gen. But I have not seen a pully for PS, Gen and AC. did they make them or they now unobtanium?

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

lowrider

I have a 3 sheeve pulley off a Yblock. I wonder sometimes if it might be off a bigger truck with a Yblock to run generator, ps and air compressor for air brakes. It's in poor shape and needs a rebuild along with fixing the outer pulley sheeve that has a piece broken off. Think they told me 300$ to fix it up a few years ago.

Hoosier Hurricane

Frank Rice reproduced a supercharger drive pulley that bolted to the original single sheave pulley and had dual sheaves for supercharger drive dual belts.  The result is a 3 groove front pulley.  Maybe that could be used for your application.  I'm not sure if he has any of his pulleys left.  We can contact him if you are interested.   John

gasman826

The AC add-on pulley comes available from time to time.

cokefirst

those are not easy to find but even harder is the three belt pulley for the water pump.  I have one that has been repaired.  It is a spare for my Select Aire car.
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

1930artdeco

So i need two three belt pulleys, one for the crank and one for the water pump? So, o e us almost unobtanium and the other is🙄. Maybe I can have them made up at some point. 3D printing here I come?.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

Ray

three shiv crank and water pump pulleys are around. they are what was originally used for factory air. the compressor was double pulley and it used a Lincoln style generator with a double pulley as well. In the world of y blocks the #1 position was for the water pump and power steering, #2 and #3 go to the den and the air compressor. The # position was reserved for the supercharger with an automatic trans. With a manual trans the blower used #2 and #3.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

1930artdeco

Thank you Ray. Being new to Y blocks that makes sense to me now. So the position#, is 1-closest to the engine and the gen should have a double pulley. No I just have to locate them?.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

Ray

On a factory  air car the gen is two shives, on a non air car the gen is #2 only and yes the #1 is closest to the engine. I can probably send pix of the correct factory air pulleys and dampener if you like. Just not on the site because I don't have time to reduce the resolution. Pix are available on line for "selectaire" as well.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird