News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

need motor mounts for my 312

Started by 1930artdeco, 2021-10-29 23:03

Previous topic - Next topic

1930artdeco

Where is the best place to get motor mounts for my Y block? I did a search and several people mentioned something about drilling a bolt through them for safety-but no follow through so I am not sur what they ere talking about.

Thanks,

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

SkylinerRon

Any of the Ford vendors. There is probably only one or two manufacturers anymore.

Forget the extra bolts their for a racecar.

Ron.

1930artdeco

Thanks, wasn't sure as I heard that 'pioneer' (?) or a different name are bad and the rubber separates.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

SkylinerRon

Lots of junk replacement parts out there these days.

Most of the major vendors will stand behind the products. Dennis Carpenter for one makes them.

Goodluck,

Ron.

hiball3985

I used Ankcor the first time, just junk. Engine shook around like it was mounted on Jello. And I can't remember the brand I used to replace them  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

I have broken several pairs on my car including Anchor and Pioneer. They looked EXACTLY alike so I am of the opinion that there is only one company that actually makes them. My FE makes over 550 lb-ft of torque though so I can't really blame the manufacturer, the design depends on the rubber to metal bond with no mechanical constraint. Gary (gasman826) mentioned he put a bolt through the metal pieces as a "stop" to limit the strain on the rubber bond. I did that and have had no problems since. I simply drilled and counter sunk a hole through the frame side of the mount, the rubber, and the engine side of the mount. I then used a 5/16 flat socket head cap screw inserted from the bottom and put a shock absorber bushing, washer, and locking nut on the top.
Lynn

hiball3985

The two suppliers I used were different. The good ones had longer studs which prevented them from dropping into the mounting pads on the cross member and I had to cut them down to get the engine to drop in.  I just love this after market stuff. :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang